Talk

Advanced search

Inspiring Bible Quotes for a new beginning for Sunday School

(6 Posts)
lala21 Sun 21-Jun-15 20:23:36

Hello there I am a helper at our Sunday School which is part of a very large and well attended Anglican Church.

We want to become a better Sunday School and I am presenting an action plan report on Tuesday

A few of my ideas inc
Setting a SS Facebook

Burning our SS CD rom with songs so parents can give the children

More showcasing in church ( the older members of the congregation are always asking what we are doing)

A bit more messy stuff

Bringing a bit more of a modern approach without being revolutionary!

What I want is a lovely inspirational quote about new beginnings, having faith, having hope,
My head hurts as I have been trying to find a quote that encapsulates a re launch of our Sunday School - obviously its the Bible I keep finding ones I love--

Any ideas please would be greatly appreciated

level3at6months Sun 21-Jun-15 20:30:57

No ideas to add, sorry, but your ideas sound great smile

iloveport Sun 21-Jun-15 20:39:24

Habakkuk 2:3

"The vision will be fulfilled, though it seems slow it will surely come to pass"

lala21 Sun 21-Jun-15 20:40:50

oh thank u I found one from mother Theresa actually what do people think?

be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies

( seems apt as our SS leader kept going on how small our numbers were) and I kept saying but they are the same children who are attending which is a positive and we still have over 30 for our sports day coming up who are a definite

iloveport Sun 21-Jun-15 20:49:04

Prov 4:26

"Give careful thought to the paths of your feet and be steadfast in all your ways".

TheObligatoryNotQuiteSoNewGirl Sun 21-Jun-15 21:35:39

"See, I am doing a new thing. Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland" - Isaiah 43:19

Perhaps the second half sounds a bit negative about how your Sunday School was before, but the first half is lovely - we have it on the mural in our "new" (several years old now, but still relatively "new") building.

I also like iloveport 's

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now