Talk

Advanced search

Worship music for guitar

(9 Posts)
BitchyHen Fri 28-Nov-14 07:45:39

My dad regularly plays guitar in church and has just bought a new acoustic. I would like to get him a book of worship songs for Christmas. His congregation is fairly lively and enjoy choruses, he has a newish mission praise, what else would be good?

BitchyHen Fri 28-Nov-14 21:10:27

Bump

BitchyHen Fri 28-Nov-14 21:11:23

Bump

Gunznroses Fri 28-Nov-14 21:11:33

Ooh! Watching.

autumnboys Fri 28-Nov-14 21:18:47

We use quite a bit of the New Wine stuff. One book we have is Cry Freedom which has a really good mix of stuff on. DH says look at Bethel, or Hillsong, or maybe Matt Redman.

His church probably has a CCLI license, so you could look into adding an account for their service 'Songselect' which allows you to download songs and gives you the chords in whatever key you want. We use it in conjunction with an app called OnSong, but you can use it from a PC and print.

Hope that helps! smile

BitchyHen Fri 28-Nov-14 21:33:42

Thank you autumnboys will look at those now.

BitchyHen Fri 28-Nov-14 22:05:55

I found this and

this one which look promising.
Amazon haven't done very well with your suggestions Autumnboys so I may need to look elsewhere.

madhairday Sat 29-Nov-14 11:04:40

We have this one which is brand new and pretty good. Only thing is it's quite small so need good eyesight!

The Survivor songbooks are good as are any songs of fellowship ones.

BitchyHen Sat 29-Nov-14 13:17:28

Thanks madhairday it's a shame the print is so small, his eyesight might not be good enough for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now