Talk

Advanced search

baptism question

(6 Posts)
midwifeandmum Fri 04-Apr-14 15:34:32

Hi I dont know if this is the correct to ask this. both dd1 and 2 are being baptised on easter sunday. I was wondering what would be an appropriate donation to church for this. hubby and I were thinking £200. But im not sure if thats enough. I dont want to insult my priest by asking him. thanks

AuntieStella Fri 04-Apr-14 15:39:57

There is no fee for baptism, and AFAIK no great expectation of a donation.

The amount in the collection plate goes up (because of number of visitors), and of course that's welcome. As is a donation if you want to. I think what you are proposing is very generous.

wigglesrock Sat 05-Apr-14 07:38:01

I've always put 20-30 pounds in an envelope & given it to the priest (catholic baptism) at the end of the service. I've done this with 3 of my kids & the priest is always quite surprised to get anything. There's no fee, same with weddings & funerals.

wigglesrock Sat 05-Apr-14 07:39:54

Sorry meant to add our baptisms arent part of the mass, the priest does them after so there is no collection plate.

sonlypuppyfat Sat 05-Apr-14 07:42:10

Our church does it part of the service C. Of E and we don't charge.

midwifeandmum Sat 05-Apr-14 15:03:17

wigglesrock
ours is also a catholic baptism and im going to ask my priest this sunday if I can have baptism after mass as a godparent wont be available till after 12 cause she has to work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now