Talk

Advanced search

Why do I start to shake/shiver everytime I have a conversation about religion?

(10 Posts)
Plaza Tue 18-Mar-14 19:09:58

Whenever I go to Bible study or talk to friends about God & faith I end up shivering & shaking as though I'm cold.

It's so bizarre, once after Catholic devotion I had to pull the car over as my legs where shaking so much confused

Plaza Tue 18-Mar-14 19:27:25

Maybe I belong in the Pentecostal Church grin

ferrar Wed 19-Mar-14 06:57:40

Could it be because you are fearful, or because you realise that the subject is very important?

DoctorTwo Wed 19-Mar-14 08:34:55

Is it because you have an irrational fear of fiction? wink

<atheist satire>

atthestrokeoftwelve Wed 19-Mar-14 09:50:00

Because you don't want to ascocciate with a genocidal wrathful venegeful jealous god?

ferrar Wed 19-Mar-14 10:44:01

Sounds like the Holy Spirit to me. Listen to it.

Panadbois Wed 19-Mar-14 13:58:34

I get like this when I talk about my DS. ( Mild AS diagnosis which has meant many many discussions with schools and CAMHS)

I can't explain it either.

fizzoclock Wed 19-Mar-14 14:20:40

I think it may be strong emotions. When you feel very strongly about something you often find it hard to speak about it etc.

Also I think sharing your faith can be very exposing especially when it is with a group/people who you don't normally share your deepest thoughts with. You feel you revealed some of your most heartfelt thoughts with someone and so you get a nervous/adrenaline rush type thing.

Panadbois Wed 19-Mar-14 16:07:28

Sounds about right Fizz

CoteDAzur Wed 19-Mar-14 19:43:20

Maybe your body is rejecting the stuff that your brain has been conditioned not to question?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now