Talk

Advanced search

Cosmic Ordering - let's try again?

(448 Posts)
SylviasSlippers Fri 28-Feb-14 09:12:54

Logically I know it "should" be a load of crap but every time I've tried it, I've received what I asked for. Way back as an 8 year old we were moving house and I so desperately wanted a garden with steps on the path (no idea why). I visualised it and "prayed" for it and the house we ended up with had two steps on the path which was very rare in that area.

More recently I stumbled across the concept of cosmic ordering and decided to "order" a money find. A few nights later we were walking through a graveyard and there on the ground wet through and covered in muck was a £10 note staring up at me. I put it down to co-incidence.

A couple of years later I met a guy, fell in love with him and looking back it was obvious that I liked him more than he liked me ... So out of desperation I "cosmically ordered" for him to tell me he loved me on one specific night. So there we are, camping in a field, messing around and I do something daft and he laughs and says "oh god, I love you!" - he was not being serious, he was being sarcy but he still said it.

So a few months later I placed a cosmic order for him to say he loved me and meant it. So there we are, great night out, we're back in the hotel, he'd not said it. I tried to prompt it by asking how he thought the relationship was going and he said "great, but let's take it slow eh? I mean, I don't want to say I love you ... We've not been together long ... But I do, I do love you ..." Wtf? Cosmic order granted but not quite in the way I'd hoped.

A year later, we're still together. I place a cosmic order for him to ask me to marry him on this specific night. So we're sat in a restraunt and I do not prompt the conversation at all. All of a sudden he laughs and says "let's run off and get married in Vegas?". I didn't know how to take it so didn't say anything .. He then added - "I'm joking ..."

A few days ago I "ordered" an iphone 5c in green for less than £300 - that same night dp told me he'd won me that same phone on ebay for £260 (almost impossible to get one so cheap in "like new" condition.

It just seems that I get everything I ask for when I try it but never in a way I expect it. Does anyone else have any stories about cosmic ordering?
If you're not into it, don't take the piss please :-)

Today, I'm going to try it again. I'm going to start small and order the sighting of a red balloon by the end of the day. I'll update tonight whether or not it appeared.

SylviasSlippers Fri 28-Feb-14 10:03:17

Bit weird but after posting this and making my cosmic order for the appearance of a red balloon I came downstairs and put youtube on - searched for Blondie music to listen to whilst doing the housework and just happened to notice down the side of the screen - similar videos - "99 red balloons" music and lyrics.

Never even heard of the song. I'm taking it as a sign.

technodad Fri 28-Feb-14 19:45:43

So how exactly does it work?

Dynasty Fri 28-Feb-14 21:48:29

I've found it works, even before I realised it had a name and that other people did it.

HettiePetal Fri 28-Feb-14 23:05:35

"I'm taking it as a sign".

Of course you are.

That is religion, ghostly encounters and cosmic ordering in a nutshell. "I'm taking it as a sign".

Not very romantic that your BF had to be forced by the universe to propose to you. Personally, I'd prefer that free will came into it somewhere.

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Sat 01-Mar-14 07:34:16

I'm taking it as a sign = confirmation bias.
Nowt wrong with thinking positively, but take credit for your own achievements. If something great happened, there's no woo about it- you made it happen yourself without outside forces.

RestingActress Sat 01-Mar-14 07:47:08

I think I'm on all the other CO threads now grin. Taking it as a sign is presumably how positive thinking works. It breeds positivity which changes your attitude.

HettiePetal Sat 01-Mar-14 08:09:57

I hardly think a positive attitude can cause a YT video to pop up. Coincidence snatched at as a "sign".

Really....how very silly people are. Usually women when it comes to this sort of thing, I'm sorry to say.

BeerTricksPotter Sat 01-Mar-14 19:12:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HettiePetal Sat 01-Mar-14 22:10:53

Not familiar with the word, "usually", then, Beer?

BeerTricksPotter Sun 02-Mar-14 08:40:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HettiePetal Sun 02-Mar-14 12:41:31

Fu....I mean, bless you too, Beer.

IndigoBarbie Sun 02-Mar-14 13:35:05

Sylvia, great to hear you're in the flow of your own creation field smile so, in a way, just like another poster said - no 'woo' about it, you should take the credit...

ScooseIsLoose Sun 02-Mar-14 13:43:54

bloody hell someone's snippy have a biscuit Hettie smile

ScooseIsLoose Sun 02-Mar-14 13:45:35

op if you believe in co and it works for you then good for you , I personally don't believe in it but each to their own smile

ColinFirthsGirth Sun 02-Mar-14 18:43:52

Sylvia - I am happy to have a discusion on this and I hope others do too. I hope it doesn't end up like the other thread there was no need for that.

ScooseIsLoose - thankyou for being so reasonable, if only every posters was like you!. I feel the same way about peoples beliefs. I disagree with people about certain things but I don't mind what others believe in as long as it doesn't hurt others.

KarenBrockman Sun 02-Mar-14 19:01:58

marking my place.

ColinFirthsGirth Sun 02-Mar-14 19:04:21

Sylvia, I think your story is interesting! I do think there is something in it all. It is something I want to try and use more. When I have tried to use it and made a vision board etc it has definitely helped me to focus and be more positive. I have had some strange coincidences/synchronicities happen after I have done some cosmic ordering.

petitepeach Mon 03-Mar-14 10:37:42

Hello again.....watching with interest.... Anymore advice on how you use this in everyday life? For a more positive outlook?

Am just trying to visualise the way I want my life to be - but maybe I need to be more specific about small things to start of with?

petitepeach Mon 03-Mar-14 10:44:44

colinFirth
Ah just read you mention a 'vision board' that would help to focus ones ideas etc...

ScarletStar Mon 03-Mar-14 16:46:04

Have you read the books by Abraham-Hicks? They have one called 'The Law of Attraction' with a free CD of their workshop/lecture. It's much, much better than The Secret by Rhonda Byrne.

petitepeach Mon 03-Mar-14 17:42:42

Thanks will check Amazon..grin

Dynasty Mon 03-Mar-14 19:12:59

Has it occurred to anyone that it is simply another way of praying? I was thinking about this the other day.

Dynasty Mon 03-Mar-14 19:13:11

Or vice-versa....

thesaurusgirl Mon 03-Mar-14 19:24:32

I posted on the first thread (and have been ignoring the one getting all yowly).

I like to call the process 'heightened postivity' but there's definitely some kind of magic involved.

I refused to disclose my three-part cosmic order on here as it was so intensely personal, but I have to tell you that, against all expectations on my part, Part 1 has come true. The day it happened every hair on my body stood on end and prickled I was so shocked.

Now Part 2 isn't looking unlikely; it may even come off by the end of April.

If Part 3 happens by Christmas I may spontaneously combust grin. I'll certainly come back and tell all if it does.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now