Talk

Advanced search

Looking for mummies who practice/have practised reiki

(29 Posts)
createbalance Sat 22-Feb-14 00:27:18

Hi, I live in a village just outside Norwich and was wondering if there are any mummies who practice reiki or who would like to keep in touch to support their (maybe lapsed?) reiki practices?

IndigoBarbie Mon 24-Feb-14 10:20:20

Waving from Scotland xx

petitepeach Mon 03-Mar-14 10:54:09

Hey!
I am reading up on reiki at the moment with a view to be able in the future to offer it as a treatment to compliment my holistic massage....
It is so interesting - I have received reiki myself - how are you both using it at the moment? P

atthestrokeoftwelve Mon 03-Mar-14 15:01:35

Hi. i have done my level one Reiki.

petitepeach Mon 03-Mar-14 17:45:14

atthe how did you find it & are you doing just for yourself, or to offer as a treatment?
Did you go on a weekend course? P

atthestrokeoftwelve Mon 03-Mar-14 17:50:51

I did a free 6 week course run by the community learning department of the local council. Level one doesn't qualify to to treat others as a business, you need a level 2 for that, which I am waiting for. I do treat my family though.

Crazy8 Mon 03-Mar-14 17:50:54

I have received reiki a few times and on a couple of occasions have had the most profound experiences during the session.
I have done the level one but unfortunately have not practiced in a while. I did the course over 2 days a week apart.

atthestrokeoftwelve Mon 03-Mar-14 17:53:40

Sorry- I didn't mean to imply it was a 6 week course- it was one evening a week over 6 weeks, so 18 hours in total.

IndigoBarbie Mon 03-Mar-14 20:38:17

I first received a usui reiki treatment to assist me with stress/anxiety and panic attacks probably about 11 years ago. I was completely amazed by it, and went on to learn it for myself. After practising for over these last 10 years, I now dedicate some of my time as an energy therapist, and it's amazing work.

Panadbois Tue 04-Mar-14 08:23:47

Hi, I have done Reiki 3 and at the moment only practice on myself, usually every night before going to sleep. However, I also send a lot of distance healing. This is also the sneaky way I give Reiki to my 15yr old son. My DD however would happily jump on the couch for an hour's Reiki where she promptly falls asleep

ColinFirthsGirth Tue 04-Mar-14 16:12:18

Hi, I am a Reiki practitioner and have completed the masters level. It is one of the therapies I do in my job.

ColinFirthsGirth Tue 04-Mar-14 16:15:10

I should add I am not anyway near Norwich though.

IndigoBarbie Tue 04-Mar-14 20:35:22

Waving at Panadbois xxx

ColinFirthsGirth Tue 04-Mar-14 22:22:57

Petite -- Reiki is a lovely thing to use alongside massage. I find as well that even if I am not intending on sending reiki that I can often feel the client receiving it during my other therapies such as massage.

I use it on clients but I also do some distant healing work and also some self healing work. Self healing is a really important thing in Reiki. I think if you are drawn to it then it would be a great thing to be attuned too.

Hello to everyone btw - always great to converse with other like minded people. xxxx

petitepeach Thu 06-Mar-14 10:39:57

Hello all - sorry had connection problems....

Colin your post is very encouraging thanks!

Can I ask if I may; how you found the right person to introduce you to reiki?

I am reading up whenever I get a spare minute.... So fascinating... I want to start practising, should I look for someone local or do I look for someone who is registered on a specific site etc?
Also someone said its a good idea to receive a treatment from the person to see if you are suited.....p x

Panadbois Thu 06-Mar-14 16:51:38

Yoohoo!!! (((waves back)))

When I was wanting to learn about Reiki, I went to the wooiest (!) shop in town to ask the owner if she could recommend and Reiki master. Lo and behold a customer in the shop heard and said

"that would be me!" grin

So, I can confirm from personal experience what I have read in many books, when you are ready, the teacher will find you :-)

ColinFirthsGirth Thu 06-Mar-14 19:40:14

petitepeach - Panad is right! I found my teacher in rather a synchronistic way. I kept seeing her name on the internet not realising that she was local to me. It just felt really right. When I then spoke to her I just knew really. I did all of the levels with her and I loved every one of them.

Have a look around locally and keep your ears open. I am quite sure something synchronistic will happen for you too. Do ask questions but ultimately I feel that it is gut instinct thing - you will probably just know when the right person comes along.

You may choose to go with a teacher that is in the Reiki Federation but mine isn't so it isn't essential by any means. If it feels right you could have a treatment from the person first but I do think by talking to them you will usually know if that person is the right person for you. Good luck with it. Feel free to pm if you'd like to ask anything specific.

Reiki is a wondeful and loving energy. Not all of my clients wold be up for having it but the ones that do find it intensely relaxing and love it. I am sure you will love it too!

petitepeach Fri 07-Mar-14 13:03:56

Thanks guys..... I shall switch my 'reiki radar' on and see what happens! Px

Durhamgal Sun 09-Mar-14 22:35:40

Hi guys

I've done some Reiki too and used to attend a local sharing group. smile

Colin - I guessed from your comments on another thread in Chat that one of your therapies was Reiki as you talked about working for the greatest and highest good. I was going to chime in and support you ( it was a bit of a bear pit in there!) but the thread seemed to suddenly stop?

Anyway I'm currently looking to do Reiki 1 as I only know what I've read and what the Master taught at the share. Nice to see some other people interested in this topic.

ColinFirthsGirth Mon 10-Mar-14 18:47:55

Hi Durham,
I am sure you will love doing Reiki one if you do it. Reiki is a lovely energy and it is great to use for self-healing too. I don't have any clients that have had some and not found it really relaxing.

I hid the Cosmic ordering thread in the end so I didn't look at it! I can't read something against Complementary Therapies and not reply but some of the people on that thread were so negative that I decided I didn't really want to read anymore of it. However that is very nice that you were going to chip in with some support!

WholeNutt Wed 12-Mar-14 16:00:52

Hello, I have my reiki masters and don't really use it on people but I do on animals! Horses are my favourite to treat smile

ODINWASAREIKIHEALER Wed 12-Mar-14 23:23:18

Not a mum but I have done quite a bit of research into the techniques and science behind Reiki and other practices which are dismissed out of hand as new age woo by so many people. I have a theory (not peer reviewed or anything fancy like that) that the Norse religion was founded on principals very similar to those behind modern Reiki. If you haven't noticed my username pretty much reflects this opinion (although in a fairly tongue-in-cheek way).

If you are interested it is very easy to find some information about Norse mythology on the internet. Even a cursory examination of their creation myths or other such stories should show you exactly what I mean. If you're interested in finding out more I could respond with a more in depth post if there is sufficient interest (I hardly think it will be necessary though as the connections are so obvious).

With regards to your original question I think it is vitally important that we work to try and get Reiki more widely recognised in the UK as so many people seem to know nothing about it and could benefit so much from it. Keep going you won't regret it.

Panadbois Thu 13-Mar-14 08:50:07

Odin - go for it! Tell us more smile

ODINWASAREIKIHEALER Thu 13-Mar-14 21:14:55

Most of the time Odin is called on by man or others to grant them power the original runes, but not some translations made of them, describe him as laying his hands upon them. There is a practice which it is believed was carried out by the chief priests ( or godi's) which mimics these myths with many soldiers apparently feeling invigorated as a result. It is quite possible that the ancient Norse knew more about it than we do and I for one am currently awaiting the translation of some more runestones which is underway at queens college Belfast right now which will probably shed light on this unexplored part of medicinal history.

CoteDAzur Thu 13-Mar-14 22:06:05

"I have done quite a bit of research into the techniques and science behind Reiki"

The science behind Reiki, no less.

Do tell - not Norse myths from a thousand years ago. Science. I'd love to hear it.

" It is quite possible that the ancient Norse knew more about it than we do"

Not really.

You are talking about people who believed in dwarves and elves, who thought that there is a tree at the centre of the universe that draws water from waters of various worlds, iirc. They didn't know much about the laws of physics or how the universe works, at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now