Talk

Advanced search

Dd 13 soon to be christened what present to give?

(3 Posts)
lexcat Fri 21-Feb-14 10:24:12

Dd been planning this day for about 4 years now one thing after another means that we have finally got who she wants and what she wants for her christenting. Seen simple enough looking back but not happen in the way we expected.
Anyway thinking she may not have godparents due to her age I was going to get her a bible and necklace with a cross.This has changed and dd has chosen her own godparents two are from our church and finally a close friend of the family. Now I'm not sure what to get her as I do not expect any thing from her godparents but have already been asked by one if dd has a savings account.
Now really not sure what to give dd as it's a big important day and feel it should be marked with something special.

AMumInScotland Fri 21-Feb-14 10:32:26

I think you should go with your original plan. There's no telling if the godparents will get her those things, and she'll enjoy them even if she did happen to get two.

HoneyandRum Fri 21-Feb-14 10:40:08

I would tell the Godparents what you plan on getting DD so there aren't duplicates and they can chose something else. My DCs Godparents often confer with me around religious occasions so we all are giving different things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now