Talk

Advanced search

Could I ask for some help help for the Bidding Prayers for my parents 50th wedding anniversary Blessing please

(4 Posts)
bizzey Tue 04-Feb-14 10:28:47

Hi My parents are having a Papal Blessing during 10 am Mass on Saturday and the Priest has asked me to organise the Bidding Prayers ....and my mind has gone blank !!

I only need 3 short/simple ones as my ds's will be saying them but I don't know where to start.

Is anyone any good at composing or know of a web site that could help ?

Thanks.

HoneyandRum Tue 04-Feb-14 10:38:05

Hi bizzey I am just another Catholic like yourself but what about prayers for the past, present and future.

So thanking God for all they received, mentioning family members and blessings, diffculties they overcame.

Asking for God's blessing on their current circumstances and current needs - you may know what they are or could ask your parents.

Praying for the future to come and joy and fortitude for the road ahead.

Sort of thing.

bizzey Tue 04-Feb-14 14:47:30

HoneyandRum thank you for replying. I have replied on my other lap top straight away but then had to go out and ... it is still is stuck on the post message bit ! Think it is on it's way out .

You have given me food for thought though.

#3 will be past ....remembering friends and family who cannot be with us today (some deaths have occurred in the last 50 years)

#2 can be future....?pray for X and Y to stay married !! is filled with joy and happiness and ...?somehow mention all couples/marraiges?

#1 ..present....We thank God for this wonderful day of celebration for X and Y and for our friends and family joining us ?.

I am getting confused if I am allowed to use "thank" or if they are asking for prayers sort of thing .

It is the wording that I am really struggling with ...but thanks again for the reply and sorry mine has taken so long !

(keeping my fingers crossed now as I try and send this !)

bizzey Tue 04-Feb-14 14:48:12

woohoo !! it worked !!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now