Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone recommend a church in Solihull?

(9 Posts)
mollysmum82 Sat 02-Nov-13 21:50:05

We've just relocated to Solihull and we are very excited but also sad to leave our old church. It welcomed children with open arms and had lots of activities, home groups and alpha to get involved in. The services were inspiring and quite modern. I wondered if anyone knew of a similar church in Solihull? Thanks so much

MolotovCocktail Sat 02-Nov-13 22:04:08

St.Alphege might appeal to you. It's the main church in Solihull; CofE smile Hope that helps you.

mollysmum82 Thu 07-Nov-13 20:45:18

Thank you so much Molotov, I really appreciate your reply smile

MolotovCocktail Sat 09-Nov-13 09:16:28

You're very welcome smile

madhairday Wed 13-Nov-13 12:01:06

This one is great (I know the vicar there) - it's a lively CofE church, sounds similar in style to what you are used to Knowle Parish Church

Hope this helps smile

mollysmum82 Sat 16-Nov-13 23:28:45

Oh that sounds perfect madhairday! And is just round the corner from me, thank you ever so much smile

BackforGood Sat 16-Nov-13 23:36:41

Shirley Methodist is a busy Church, and I know they have a Jazz Church service in the evenings sometimes.

mollysmum82 Thu 13-Mar-14 20:16:32

Thank you BackforGood, I must try that one as well.

Madhairday - we went to Knowle recently and it was brilliant! That could well be the one! Thank you so much.

Molotov - I contacted St Alphege and they have lots of children's groups which sound great! DD won't be attending the primary school there though so would that be a problem do you think?

Does anyone know St James and St Philips in Dorridge?

I just want to feel settled somewhere again!

SchrodingersFerret Fri 14-Mar-14 09:42:40

Solihull Presbyterian church was very friendly when we visited, but that was a looong time ago now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now