Talk

Advanced search

Little Christening Gifts You Loved

(3 Posts)
crocodilesmiles Fri 05-Oct-12 13:14:20

I wondered if you could help me please.

A friend is getting their dd (10 months old) Christened at the end of this month.

He has been absolutely lovely to me, and offered lots of much needed emotional support when someone close to me died. Anyway I really wanted you ideas of what would make a fab little Christening gift.....

I quite like idea of getting a book but am open to suggestions.
My budget is £10ish but I would go up to £20 max, if it was for something extra special.

Would be grateful for any help you could give smile x

Mrscog Fri 05-Oct-12 13:28:42

DS was christened a month ago and he got lots of lovely gifts, but one of my favourites was a book (Owl who was Afraid of the Dark), and with it my friend had also bought an owl soft toy. I just thought it was a really nice touch, and I can't wait to use the owl whilst telling the story smile

Another nice present was a dressing gown (in a larger size than he is now) with his name embroidered on to it.

I'll see if I can remember any more.

crocodilesmiles Mon 08-Oct-12 11:25:42

Mrscog, thanks for taking the time to respond. I think I might adapt the Owl who was Afraid of the Dark idea a little bit.

I've managed to get a really nice soft toy rabbit from Marks and Spencers, so I think I'll put a copy of Tom Rabbit by Martin Waddell with it. I think that will make a nice gift without any real chance of it being duplicated by another guest. Thanks again smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now