Talk

Advanced search

What are RCIA classes like?

(4 Posts)
tacal Sat 07-Jul-12 09:20:07

I am interested in attending RCIA classes. What level do they start at? Is it best to do some study on my own before attending. I am a member of a Church of Scotland Church but I have recently started attending mass at a Catholic Church. I am interested to find out more about the Catholic religion but am unsure of the best way to do this. Are RCIA classes the best way to do this and would I be welcome to attend them. I have not spoken to a Priest about this yet. Also, the classes always seem to be in the evening which is difficult for me because I have a 3 year old. Is there any other way of doing them? Any information about the RCIA course would be very much appreciated. (Please note I am not thinking of converting so DS can attend a Catholic School. We are in Scotland so he automatically gets a place in his local Catholic School even though he is not Catholic).

tacal Sat 07-Jul-12 22:07:18

I have e mailed my local catholic church to find out more. The classes run from September to June every Thursday 7.30pm. Hopefully I will be able to do the classes if I can get a babysitter.

tacal Sun 08-Jul-12 22:22:56

The priest wants to meet me. Feeling a bit nervous.

tungthai Thu 23-May-13 09:52:40

Did you do the course? How was it?

Considering looking into it myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now