Talk

Advanced search

What version of the Bible for Kindle?

(10 Posts)
ZombiesAteYourCervix Sun 23-Oct-11 20:21:44

There are lots and it is confusing me. But I feel it would be noce to have.

Any suggestions?

ZombiesAteYourCervix Sun 23-Oct-11 20:21:57

nice. even.

shoutyman Sun 23-Oct-11 21:03:21

I have the Holy Bible HCSB Version as it was free blush, no idea if the translation is ok but I just wanted a portable copy for use on my iPod and phone.

MaryBS Mon 24-Oct-11 10:18:48

I got a free one as well. I don't really use it that much, as it isn't too easy to navigate, well not as much as a physical bible or even an online bible, anyhow!

madhairday Mon 24-Oct-11 14:19:14

I got a free one at first but wasn't over keen on translation, so bought the NIV version which is only just out, was about a fiver I think so worth having, the navigation is also easier on this one, it has a 'finder' option at the top of every page so you can easily get to a book and chapter. I use it a lot now.

madhairday Mon 24-Oct-11 14:21:03

here you go

newlark Mon 24-Oct-11 17:42:01

The English Standard Version (ESV) is free - I think it is a more literal translation than the NIV so closer to the original but slightly less readable in theory though I find it is fine. I have that and the NIV version that madhairday linked to and use both.

nickelbabe Tue 25-Oct-11 12:39:42

I think it's a good plan to have as many translations as possible (that's what we do in paper format)
Have the ESV, the KJV, the NIV (latest edition because they've ironed out a lot of the crap translation) and the GNB (good news bible)

MaryBS Tue 25-Oct-11 13:18:11

Also worth having whatever version you use at church. My paper versions are NRSV (we use at church), KJV, ESV childrens, NJB, the Message. But I wouldn't put all those on Kindle.

nickelbabe Tue 25-Oct-11 14:57:41

ah, yes, the message is a good one too.

We use NIV at church. (but the crappy 1984 version)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now