Talk

Advanced search

chrisitan weight loss budy for Weigh down diet / thin within type programmes

(7 Posts)
hebrews138 Mon 05-Sep-11 17:39:00

(I have just started a thread in weight loss but not sure if i should have posted here instead as it is a chrisitian approach i'm interested in, so forgive me if it is bad form to post the same request in two places).

Am looking for someone trying to apply the principles of Weigh Down Diet/ Thin Within in their lives who wants some mutual support

Some background: I was sucessful with weigh down a few years ago and it gave me freedom around my food and weight. Forgot about it after a while but now it is really obvious i need to address my food again.

However in the last few years since i was involved weigh down the organisation has moved away from their original teaching and gone off on very strange trinity denying tangent, so i don't want to use them for help/ support etc for obvious reasons.

Just wondered if there was anyone on here in a similar position or on thin within which i believe is v similar to weigh downs original principles and if we could help each other

hiddenhome Mon 05-Sep-11 19:01:44

I'd like to lose weight, but I never follow any of the numerous plans out there. I just figure out a plan that works for me and stick to it. It's generally low carb with no sugar or junk. I lose weight easily when I put my mind to it, but I like sweet things too much and crave carbs sad

newlark Tue 06-Sep-11 08:42:49

I could do with losing a stone or more as my weight has been creeping up since having dcs - I like the idea of a Christian approach but haven't come across those programmes - will google them.

hebrews138 Tue 06-Sep-11 11:21:17

Hi Newlark,
You can watch the whole of the weigh down teaching series online for free at this link,
www.weighdownathome.com/

(as i said in my blog the founder went on to start a church with increasingly strange ideas and i've been warned off the later series ( but not this one which was taught in churches across america before she changed her teaching stance)

I would be really interested in your opinion

hebrews138 Tue 06-Sep-11 11:22:10

not 'blog' meant 'message' still trying to get to grips with all the techno speak

hebrews138 Tue 06-Sep-11 11:33:39

Hi hiddenhome, i know what you mean about those carb cravings. I did five years without any sugar or flour product ever touching my lips at one time in an attempt to conquer them! Hmm. Not that was extreme or anything!! Good luck with your weight loss.

hiddenhome Tue 06-Sep-11 11:48:29

five years without sugar or flour! shock wow, I can only manage about six weeks sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now