Talk

Advanced search

Did I hear my DD last night (passed away 2 years ago)

(11 Posts)
sh77 Mon 22-Aug-11 11:52:55

Last night I am sure I heard a child laughing whilst I was coming out of deep sleep. DS was asleep in his cot but I heard the laughs twice and each time he moved. I like to think it was DD visiting smile

On another occasion, whilst semi-conscious, I could hear "chattering" - not human.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

missdisorganised1 Mon 22-Aug-11 16:04:04

I didn't like leaving your letter unanswered. I do hope it was your DD visiting. My Mum and Dad used to joke that if anything happened to them they would try to come back to find me during a thunderstorm. They didn't manage yet but perhaps its easier for youngsters.

7thmonth Mon 22-Aug-11 17:27:18

sh77 the Chinese believe that the 7th lunar month after Spring is a time when passage is easier between the worlds, and it is the time we are visited by the departed. This year it is 31st July until 28th August. If it bothers you, they will not stay. If you doubt who it is, you can ask them to leave.

If you know someone who can read auras, they may be able to discern their state of being. It would be typical that a grandparent who had passed away would delight at meeting a grandchild born since. Perhaps DD was doing this with DS. Often they will leave if you show fear because it is their love that brings them to visit.

It is another reason why traditional Chinese avoid venturing out late or celebrating such as weddings during this month. It is not their loved ones' presence they are concerned about.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Mon 22-Aug-11 19:12:12

Not exactly the same experience but once I was away on holidays, which I hated (14 year old or so). I was really miserable and wanted to go home. My mum's work colleague, who didn't know I was away, told my mum the she saw me going into her (my mum's that is) office. She was adamant it was me and didn't want to believe my mum that I was away. They even asked later on if anyone on the floor had any young female visitors that day and they had none. When I came back (or maybe my mum called me when I was still there, sorry not sure, it was a long time ago!), it turned out that on that day I felt not well and took a midday nap - at the time my mum's colleague saw me. That lady was quite fond of me after meeting me a few times so we're pretty sure she couldn't easily get confused.

Anyway, your story is much nicer and I do hope it was your DD smile.

sh77 Mon 22-Aug-11 21:55:55

Very interesting perspectives/experiences - thanks for posting.

The year DD died, I prayed to see her in my dreams and she appeared - very happy and looked after. It was me visiting her. I know our minds can play tricks on us - maybe it wasn't her laughing. I like to think she was visiting her brother. I was not scared. I often wish I could feel her presence as her departing left a dead spot inside me.

The hours after she died, I could hear crying around me. I asked my DH who it was and he couldn't hear anything. That could be from the shock of losing her so unexpectedly.

missorganised I do hope they visit you. Nothing has given me comfort except seeing her in my dreams or knowing that she is around (if that was her last night)

7thmonth really interesting post. How could an aura reading help me? I certainly feel stagnation since she left. Not sure what to do. Praying helped lots but I feel I have lost my spirituality.

drink if you don't mind me saying, what a cool experience! Must have been a bit spooky. Are you still in touch with the lady?

7thmonth Tue 23-Aug-11 06:51:41

You know I read somewhere that when you ask God why at your darkest time He was not walking alongside you because the sand only showed one set of footprints, the reply is that at that time He was carrying you. So praying is the strongest way for love to heal pain.

I think it is possible you're holding onto her time on this earth, which is heavy because you cannot see her anymore. I also think you will see her again, and she sees you. But you have things to do before that, and she will share those things as much as she can because your love will keep her close to you.

The aura point was just to say a reader can discern the state of the visting being, and therefore their intent. Auras change all the time, so I personally have no curiousity for a snapshot.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Fri 26-Aug-11 22:58:53

sh77 - no, I haven't seen her in years smile. My mum left that workplace the contact stopped over time. She must have retired by now.

I must say I admire the way you welcome and embraced the thought of your DD visiting smile. I think it takes a great courage and shows an immense love to acknowledge a tiny glimpse of positiveness in such circumstances. (sorry, it makes sense in my head, if not on screen!)

sh77 Sat 27-Aug-11 12:44:06

Drink thanks for the lovely comment. Made my day. I have a strong belief in the afterlife. It is the only thing that helps me to deal with her loss.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Wed 31-Aug-11 22:29:32

smile sad wink

springydaffs Wed 07-Sep-11 01:45:23

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss sh77.

I have had experiences like this when in semi-sleep. I am a christian and believe totally in God's love for us; also that there is a spiritual realm and some of us can see/hear it better than others. I do believe that God heard your prayers and brought your dd to you in your dreams.

I also think it could've been her laughing. I've also had experiences like eg the crying you heard when your daughter died. Have you read The Shack? It's a novel about a man who loses his young daughter. Jesus is in it, a cool Jesus that is, not a fusty religious Jesus. It may be a comfort to you, I don't know? My sister has lost a child and she found it a great comfort.

springydaffs Wed 07-Sep-11 01:47:23

NB I don't know how long ago you lost your daughter OP. If it was recent then maybe The Shack is too soon? I don't know. Everyone's grief is different I guess.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now