Talk

Advanced search

I want my mum to 'haunt' me

(10 Posts)
Ripeberry Fri 05-Aug-11 23:00:46

My dear mum passed away last month and we had her funeral last week. I got to see her in hospital, but she never spoke or woke up.
I just want to speak to her and know that she is OK, wherever she is.

Do I sound mad?

teenyweenytadpole Fri 05-Aug-11 23:04:46

Take a look at this for one idea

teenyweenytadpole Fri 05-Aug-11 23:08:54

By the way I don't think you're mad, I lost my Dad in May and would love it if he could speak to me. Have you dreamt about your Mum at all?

QuintessentialShadow Fri 05-Aug-11 23:18:21

Sorry for your loss, Ripeberry.

I loved my uncle dearly. He is still around. I sense him now and then, especially during difficult times. I know him by the faint smell of cigars which suddenly surround me. And very often he will "tell" me stuff that make me stop worry about things. It is hard to explain. I believe in "returners". They are not ghosts, and they are not "haunting" places. But they may sometimes return to loved ones for brief moments.

Ripeberry Fri 05-Aug-11 23:20:50

Not even dreamt about her yet sad

Onemorning Fri 05-Aug-11 23:30:48

You're not the least bit mad, ripeberry. Big hugs. My condolences on your loss.

Haribolicious Fri 05-Aug-11 23:43:19

So sorry for your loss Ripeberry. You're definitely not mad....lost my lovely Mum just over 2 years ago now and similarly I was able to see and spend time with her but she was in a coma and never woke/spoke. I'd have given anything just to hear her voice again. I can't even remember when I last spoke with her sad (don't live close to my parents). 2 years later, I think about her all the time but I haven't dreamt about her or felt her presence. I hope this means that she's ok and was able to move on.

kay157 Thu 11-Aug-11 15:51:37

Sorry for your loss Ripeberry...be patient i'm sure she will give you a sign at some point. I have heard that if she was very poorly towards the end of her life it can sometimes take a while for them to make their presense felt as they have to heal. Do you know of a good medium in your area??

wahwahwah Thu 11-Aug-11 15:56:28

Very sorry for your loss.

I find that it is more things like weird coincidences, strange things happening on significant dates, odd things that trigger memories or sometimes even phrases that they used to say that pop into your head are their way of keeping in touch.

Mum died very suddenly, so I spoke to a medium who just bullshitted me and spoke a lot of crap (and charged me for the pleasure). Lucky for her I was in too much of a state to do anything about it.

I had a reiki chap as a client who passed on a message to my sister from our mum - not sure if that is part of reiki or if he was just a psychic.

littlebrighteyes Tue 16-Aug-11 20:12:00

www.mavispittilla.com/

i lost my mum last nov -and felt the same ,i saw this lady a few months later ,whome i thought was very good,and it also put my mind at peace x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now