Talk

Advanced search

a book about the afterlife?

(5 Posts)
frazzled74 Mon 04-Jul-11 22:25:36

can anyone recommend a book that discusses ideas and theories about the afterlife please? fiction or non fiction

TotallyUnheardOf Mon 04-Jul-11 23:31:44

Read Dante's 'Divine Comedy' in a good modern edition with plenty of notes. OK, so it's 700 years old, but it has yet to be bettered as a description of the afterlife. And, yes, some of Dante's theology is now a bit out-of-date (even if you're a Catholic, and more so if you're not), but the basic thinking about what it means to believe in eternity, and to imagine reward and punishment after death based on how one lives in this life, is all there. It's also a classic and an amazing feat of poetry. Go on! Read it!

frazzled74 Wed 06-Jul-11 11:43:27

thanks have ordered from amazon, will have a go, makes a change from my usual chicklit!

springydaffs Thu 07-Jul-11 08:58:03

90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper, Kingsway, ISBN 978-1-84291-227-0

TotallyUnheardOf Fri 08-Jul-11 16:26:18

Frazzled... If you would like to discuss it on here, or to ask anything, feel free to start a thread. I'm not around on here all that often, but I'll keep my eye open for something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now