Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cosmic Ordering & Barbel Mohr

(4 Posts)
Monadami Thu 16-Jun-11 13:56:56

Hi,

I've been interested in Cosmic Ordering for a few years and have placed a couple of orders, not sure if they worked well as I find it hard to be positive.

Anyway a friend recently loaned me a Cosmic Ordering book by the well known author Barbel Mohr and I started reading it yesterday and although I am no expert and don't really understand the workings of such things, came to the opinion the Author used Cosmic Ordering somewhat frivolously, at times almost like a game.

I started thinking perhaps she was taking far too much from the Universe and giving little back. As many will be aware, Barbel Mohr died last year at the young age of 46 and now I'm starting to wonder if I should leave Cosmic Ordering alone as there maybe serious consequences attached.
I've only just began reading the book so have made my assumptions based on only two chapters, but I'm now wondering if Barbel Mohr took so much that she paid back with her life. Also as a believer in God, how can we be sure we are asking for things, (mostly selfishly) from the Universe, perhaps they are not coming from there but from un-Godly forces and we end up paying with our souls prematurely.

Am I just reading too much into this. Are the proceeds of Cosmic Ordering just coincidental? Perhaps the inner confidence and positive outlook needed for successful ordering are just making users more susceptible to success? Or are we playing with forces outside of our understanding?

runelady Fri 24-Jul-15 16:52:52

I realize this is many years after your post, but one thing to keep in mind is this: What are you giving back to the Universe? Many Christians believe in tithing, which is one of many ways you can give back. Also consider giving of your time and talents. Since I did not personally know Barbel Mohr, I cannot tell you anything about her character or what she did to give back to the Universe or God. Just something for you to think about.

Catisinabox Mon 28-Dec-15 00:29:14

I believe in reincarnation, which Barbel Mohr did and wrote about in The Cosmic Ordering Service. I believe that our lives are lessons in making us purer and more experienced souls. We choose the lives we live, to learn what we need to learn from them. If you need to learn how to overcome loss or heartbreak or empathy, you will live a life that will experience that. And you will learn and grow from it. Souls choose lives that will help them develop quickly. Mohr used the cosmic ordering to get what she wanted, dreams and desires. You cannot learn from life if you take all the time. Mohr was not learning what her life's path intended her to, and therefore the universe (or maybe Mohr's soul decided) to move onto another life where the soul could continue to grow and continue it's path to 'nivana'.

freedom303 Mon 13-Nov-17 15:20:16

I know it's an old thread. But I found it when I was searching for 'Bärbel Mohr' so maybe others will find it in the same way too.

I would like to point out that Louise Hay has published about the same topics and also states that 'you can heal your life' and manifest the things you wish for. She lived to be 91 years old and from the sound of it lived a happy fulfilled life.

Also, we cannot really claim to know how 'it all works'... There will be people who will say that Mohr died young because she fulfilled her life's purpose. Or that she died young because she did not rise to the challenge of her illness.
Mohr herself said she did not know how it worked. She was German, and her work really is much more light-hearted and funny if you read it in German. It has a typical directness and freshness about it that probably gets lost in translation.

My personal idea is that we need to focus on being relaxed and on inner peace rather than on 'manifesting' things. The latter may or may not be a 'side effect' of inner peace but to focus on it may not work. I refuse to believe we'd get cancer or other misfortune as a consequence, but why focus on THINGS that make you happy or that bring you peace, rather than focus on happiness and peace, itself?

If we believe that 'God is Love' then it does not make sense that Love would ever punish someone for having a misconception (if that's what it was) about how the universe works, nor for sharing that misconception. If that was the case, then there are so many other people who would by now have been cursed, fallen ill, and died.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now