Talk

Advanced search

I need a prayer, please can someone supply one?

(8 Posts)
carocaro Mon 03-Jan-11 20:16:47

I need a prayer of hope for a friend who is ill, would it be possible for someone to post one?

I can't think of the words to say, so would like something that I can use to pray for her.

ilovemyhens Mon 03-Jan-11 20:23:44

Dear Jesus,
Divine Physician and Healer of the Sick,
we turn to You in this time of illness.
O dearest Comforter of the Troubled,
alleviate our worry and sorrow with Your gentle love,
and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden.
Dear God,
we place our worries in Your hands.
We ask that You restore Your servant to health again.
Above all,
grant us the grace to acknowledge Your holy will
and know that whatsoever You do,
You do for the love of us.

Amen.

onepieceoflollipop Mon 03-Jan-11 20:24:20

I'm hoping that what I will post will be of use, and that you didn't mean an "official" formal type of prayer. I am Christian btw.

I would just pray something simple (and comforting I hope)

Such as

"Dear God, please be with x and her family during her time of illness. Surround her with your love, and bring comfort to her. "

(if appropriate, you may wish to pray for healing for her, but obviously I don't know her situation, if she is desperately ill or in the stages of a terminal illness this may not be suitable)

onepieceoflollipop Mon 03-Jan-11 20:25:10

ilovemyhens thank goodness you were here for the op and her friend as well, I was struggling but trying to help.

ilovemyhens Mon 03-Jan-11 20:47:41

It's okay, it's amazing what you can find on Google wink I found it and thought it was a nice prayer. I hope it helps them smile

carocaro Mon 03-Jan-11 20:57:27

Thank you, both are great and I will use them right now.

onepieceoflollipop Mon 03-Jan-11 21:01:50

Best wishes to you and your friend caro.
I have said a little prayer for her.

Sariah Mon 03-Jan-11 21:07:20

I find that a simple sincere heartfelt prayer works best.

If you pray directly to God and thank him for all the good things in your life/your friends life and then ask for strength and comfort for her and her family to be able to deal with her illness and to help you be there for her and to be inspired to know how best you can help and support her. Ask for anything else you would hope for and close the prayer in the name of Jesus Christ and end with amen.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now