Talk

Advanced search

could anyone recommend a nice book of bible stories for my dd who was 5 last week?

(7 Posts)
MrsShrekTheThird Sat 18-Dec-10 21:42:23

She's a good reader for her age and if it's relatively straightforward, she will enjoy being read to now and begin to read it to herself soon. She is talking a lot about being baptised like her 7yo brother (we've asked the dc to choose for themselves) and although she's not really in a position to decide just yet, a nice bible story book would help her understanding I think.

BetsyBoop Sat 18-Dec-10 21:48:42

we have this one and this one which I use with DD (just 5 last week too!) & 3yo DS.

DD particularly loves the Lois Rock one, although there are less stories in it than the Lion Bible one.

MrsShrekTheThird Sat 18-Dec-10 21:53:18

oooh, thanks! they look sorta similar, don't they ... I've seen a Lion one for older children, which seemed nice but way above dd iyswim. those two look ideal!

stressedHEmum Sun 19-Dec-10 18:38:05

this is beautiful and simple enough for a young child to read for themselves.

I love this. And my youngest loves this It links in with the dvds which he loves.

WillowFae Sun 19-Dec-10 20:42:24

My daughter (3) got given this one as a christmas present at Sunday School. It is very simple but acts as a good introduction to the stories. My 6 year old was able to read them to her as well which was an added bonus.

madangelhaironchristmasday Mon 20-Dec-10 17:31:12

this is good it's aimed at over 5's probably rather than pre-schoolers but if she's a good reader may be good for her - my ds had it at 6 and loved it, it's based on the message contemporary version of the bible. Good illustrations too - slightly less 'soft and fluffy' than some young childrens bibles. Good luck

MrsShrekTheThird Tue 21-Dec-10 12:07:37

oooh, thank you all, will go and have (another) look

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: