Talk

Advanced search

have to share

(10 Posts)
DelGirl Wed 08-Dec-10 19:29:48

A real crap day today, at wits end, really at wits end with dd 5. I ended up sobbing again tonight as I really am unsure what to do about her behaviour. That is a whole other thread though. We moved to Italy 3 months ago and I have just turned the tv on and Guns n Roses 'Don't cry' came on. It would have been my 10th wedding anniversary next week and late dh's 60th as well next week. Guns n roses was his very favourite band and I played one of their songs at his funeral (his request). Anyway, these are the lyrics so needless to say am crying again.

Whilst typing this another song has come on that is directly linked to my dad. He was a musician.

I think things will be ok smile

Something you should know about Don't Cry (Original) Lyrics

Title: Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry (Original) lyrics

Artist: Guns N' Roses Lyrics

Visitors: 253248 visitors have hited Don't Cry (Original) Lyrics since June 03, 2010.

Send "Don't Cry (Original)" Ringtone to your Cell

Talk to me softly
There is something in your eyes
Don't hang your head in sorrow
And please don't cry
I know how you feel inside I've
I've been there before
Somethin is changin' inside you
And don't you know

Don't you cry tonight
I still love you baby
Don't you cry tonight
Don't you cry tonight
There's a heaven above you baby
And don't you cry tonight

Give me a whisper
And give me a sign
Give me a kiss before you
tell me goodbye
Don't you take it so hard now
And please don't take it so bad
I'll still be thinkin' of you
And the times we had...baby

Don't you cry tonight
Don't you cry tonight

And please remember that I never lied
And please remember
how I felt inside now honey
You gotta make it your own way
But you'll be alright now sugar
You'll feel better tomorrow
Come the morning light now baby

And don't you cry
Don't you ever cry
Don't you cry tonight
Baby maybe someday
Don't you cry
Don't you ever cry
Don't you cry
Tonight

thanks for reading.

DelGirl Wed 08-Dec-10 19:31:59

OMFGm just read the top of the lyrics OMFG and the date June 3rd was the day he died OMFG shock

DelGirl Wed 08-Dec-10 19:32:10

I am shaking

TotallyUnheardOf Thu 09-Dec-10 00:28:24

Aw, DelGirl... it's very late where you are and I hope you have calmed down by now and hopefully got some sleep, but I couldn't read and not post something. I'm so sorry to read about your dh. I hope you have some support over there in Italy - someone you can turn to when you feel low. Meanwhile, I wanted you to know that I had read your post and that I am thinking of you.

DelGirl Thu 09-Dec-10 07:17:19

thanks, he died 8 years ago (dd his concieved after) so not recent but the significant anniversaries are more on my mind at the mo and last week I was hit hard by someone who is in the exact same situation and could be me 8 years ago. I found that very difficult. Obviously I didn't show it sad

DelGirl Thu 09-Dec-10 10:23:41

no-one interested? Woke up feeling better this am despite dd waking me at 5:30 and chatting constantly from then until school <yawn>

TotallyUnheardOf Thu 09-Dec-10 13:30:56

Still here DelGirl (just in a different time zone to you). The 'recent' thing is irrelevant, I think. I mean, the immediate crushing pain of grief gets easier to bear over time, I'm sure, but it doesn't go away, you just store it in a less obvious place and every so often it surfaces and bops you on the head. (My dh lost his dad very suddenly nearly 30 years ago, and I have seen how every so often the loss just pops up and knocks him for six for a little while.) And of course it will be hard for you to witness someone in the same situation as you 8 years ago... you will want to help, but I imagine also want to avoid reliving that horrible time through her, iyswim. Hang on in there.

Anyway, I am glad that things feel better for you today. One of my dds is also an early riser, so sympathies on that!

Take care. Thinking of you.

gingercurl Thu 09-Dec-10 20:11:25

Sorry you are having a tough time at the moment. Thinking of you. Hang in there.

MaryBS Fri 10-Dec-10 10:19:04

Sorry, am interested, but not sure what to say. Glad you're feeling a bit better.

I know when things just "hit" you like that, almost out of the blue, it can seem almost impossible to bear. Yet somehow we get through it. The thing to remember is to be gentle on yourself and not expect more of yourself than it is possible to give, at least until you can adjust to what has happened.

IfYoureHappyAndYouKnowIt Fri 10-Dec-10 19:03:26

Hi DelGirl, how are you feeling now?

Hope you are getting through things ok

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: