Talk

Advanced search

Islamic prayer mat

(6 Posts)
Bumbleconfusus Tue 07-Dec-10 14:38:38

I know this is not the best place to put this, but was hoping more people would see it here to help me, does anyone know of a good shop (preferably online as I live in Scotland) where I can buy a good quality prayer mat for DH (without a compass) as a present? The shops round here aren't great and I'd like to get him something really good quality (his current one is a bit thread bare).

gypsymummy Tue 07-Dec-10 14:55:59

http://www.simplyislam.com/search/sitesearch.asp?z oom_query=prayer+mat

http://www.islamicgoodsdirect.co.uk/advanced_searc h_result.php?keywords=prayer+mats&osCsid=16079d1ea befa5a7a62d3dd6122911ca&x=10&y=12

Bumbleconfusus Wed 08-Dec-10 14:34:16

Thank you, this is really helpful. Is there a difference between male nad female ones as we previously went into a shop and DH saw one he liked, but it was in a set with a shawl and the shop assistant said that it was a womens set. Was it just the shawl that made it a womens set or can some designs be seen as feminime (sp?) ?

umayma Wed 08-Dec-10 23:09:22

Havent ordered a prayer mat online before and don't know about the quality. Also am a bit wary cos it says colours and designs may vary, but this one looks nice.

www.azharacademy.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduc t=2168

I don't think it matters too much about the design, wont be too feminine anyway, unless its a pink one. Mine is dusky pink, love it cos its a soft one!

biscuitsandbandages Fri 10-Dec-10 11:47:42

I've bought one of these before www.theislamicestablishment.com/1-3389-20-luxury-s upreme-prayer-mats.aspx

and it is nice - they are quite helpful on the phone so if you called them you could choose a colour you liked.

There is no difference between male and female - as a family we don't have our 'own' ones so much and and just grab one off the pile when its time to pray

Bumbleconfusus Fri 10-Dec-10 14:15:33

I went with the most expensive one Islamdirect sold in the end (£12) so I'm hoping that means good quality. I picked one with pretty gold leaves on it but in a dark colour - well I hope he likes it, otherwise I will use the other sites you have mentioned. Thank you all very much for being so helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now