Talk

Advanced search

Any mormons on mn?

(10 Posts)
Mummy2Bookie Sun 21-Nov-10 11:45:51

Only asking because I am interested in joining the faith with dd. Not sure where to start though.
I hope this doesn't turn into a Mormon bashing thread.

angelstar Mon 22-Nov-10 22:47:22

I am a Mormon and don't mind answering any questions you may have. I know there are others on mumsnet from previous threads.

Mummy2Bookie Tue 23-Nov-10 15:16:58

Hi
I have mentioned that I have co considered joining the faith to friends who are really upset. Have been told they will drop me as a friend if I do. I'm not sure what to do now

onagar Tue 23-Nov-10 15:33:06

Ask them why they would be upset. I'm an atheist so of course I think all religions are just social clubs, but I used to know some mormons quite well and their religion is no stranger than CofE, Catholic etc.

They don't eat children or anything so I suspect your friends have got the wrong idea about them.

WillowFae Tue 23-Nov-10 15:44:27

Hi angelstar. Just wondering what draws you to the Mormons over other versions of Christianity. I don't want this to be a Mormon bashing thread either - I'm genuinely interested.

mummytime Tue 23-Nov-10 16:17:18

I have to add, if you don't know any Latter day Saints in RL why are you thinking of joining the faith? (Not a Mormon but had some lovely Mormon babysitters once.)

Mummy2Bookie Tue 23-Nov-10 22:35:14

Who says I don't know any Mormons?
I didn't say that

Mummy2Bookie Tue 23-Nov-10 22:37:58

Onagar-a lot of them are just arrogant. Just the way they are. I suppose I don't need all that negativity in my life.

Sariah Mon 29-Nov-10 22:21:49

Hi I am a converted mormon. Myself and my dh got baptised 6 years ago and love our faith. We have 5 children 3 who got baptised and two who were born since we joined.

The best place to start is to look up your local ward (check lds.org and mormon.org for further information) It might be an idea to get the missionaries around to teach you and to go to a few meetings.

It is a big change for most converts and is not always easy. Best of luck with your decisions if you want any questions answered feel free to ask.

pinkmagic1 Mon 29-Nov-10 22:26:47

I am not Mormon so can't help but am also genuinely interested in what is drawing you to this faith.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: