Talk

Advanced search

Remote cottage needed for fireworks night........

(11 Posts)
serah Sat 13-Aug-05 09:40:45

A lone firework going off last night reminded me that I wanted to take the dog on Holiday this year to a remote cottage so he doesn't get so stressed.

Anyone know any good ones? More remote the better!

Kelly1978 Sat 13-Aug-05 10:04:28

why don't you just get him sedated? That's what we used to do with our dog whe he got older, and the fireworks got too much for him. Worked a treat.

serah Sat 13-Aug-05 10:28:57

I considered it last year Kelly, but I researched ACP and didn't like what I saw

Thank you for replying though!!

Christie Sat 13-Aug-05 10:35:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Ladymuck Sat 13-Aug-05 11:39:30

The problem I find is that there doesn't seem to be just one fireworks night - 31/10 get as much as 5/11, as to the weekedns either side of those 2.

serah Sat 13-Aug-05 13:41:09

Thanks Christie! - think I found the one you refer to, but its probably a bit far for a 3 night stay, which is a shame.

Looking at the website I am uncertain as to which are truly remote - and knowing my luck, if I got a secluded one attached to the owners house or something, they probably hold the biggest fireworks party in christendom every year!

Anyone else know of any remote cottages further north?

Fireworks "night" is definitely getting longer I agree Ladymuck! Finding myself dreading it now because of the poor dog

MrsGordonRamsay Sat 13-Aug-05 13:43:18

The NT do properties, you have to take them for a week, but some of them are REMOTE

MrsGordonRamsay Sat 13-Aug-05 13:44:07

Where are you ??

serah Sat 13-Aug-05 13:58:27

We live near Nottingham MGR. I shall have a look at their website! Thank you!

serah Sat 13-Aug-05 16:02:14

Does anyone know how remote Widdop Gate village is near Hebden Bridge by a small chance????

LittleMadamOfManchester Fri 19-Aug-05 15:16:26

Hi Serah, Widdop Gate is 4 miles from Hebden Bridge, and I think it is quite remote with just a few villagers who are mostly farmers and old ppl. HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now