Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I just had a baby skunk fall asleep on my shoulder!!!

(10 Posts)
bubblerock Tue 02-Aug-05 16:33:52

I love animals and visit a petshop on my road nearly every day and he's always getting weird and wonderful animals in there. He has an amazing Toucan that will sit on your arm!

Today he had a skunk!! Born in captivity, obviously, and he was so tame and soft and cuddly, he just wanted cuddles all the time

matnanplus Tue 02-Aug-05 16:38:16

Ahh, sounds like my ferret 'fidget', he loved cuddles.

bubblerock Tue 02-Aug-05 16:50:22

It did remind me of a heavy ferret actually - very cool pet but bit out of my pricerange £800!!!

happymerryberries Tue 02-Aug-05 16:57:24

could it still 'spray'? if so, it wouldn't be the price that put me off!

bubblerock Tue 02-Aug-05 17:08:51

No it wouldn't be able to spray - that was the first thing I asked, he'd just had a bath and smelt gorgeous and the pads on his feet were so soft!

matnanplus Tue 02-Aug-05 17:18:18

Soz but tho i agree with spaying/neutruring i would want the rest of the animal how it's meant to be, that includes dogs tails left on.

And skunks who could 'alert' should they feel threatened.

bubblerock Tue 02-Aug-05 17:58:59

I guess it's something they just do in the pet industry to make it a better option as a pet - wish they could have done something similar to my old cat - he'd been 'done' but still sprayed all over the place, dirty git!!!

KemalsStilletto Sat 06-Aug-05 20:56:45

how come its been brought up in captivity? was it abandoned as a baby?

bubblerock Sat 06-Aug-05 21:08:41

No idea to be honest

KemalsStilletto Sun 07-Aug-05 08:12:49

Aww imagine a skunk as a pet! They look so cuddly and adorable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now