Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Kitten advice please

(5 Posts)
kizzie Tue 05-Jul-05 14:19:41

Hi everyone - i finally got my kitte. She is a beautiful persian cross (11 weeks old). She is very very sweet but has just started biting. I wondered what the best way is to try and get her to stop.
Obviously I dont want to smack her or anything so I just say 'NO' very strongly but it doesnt have any effect.

Also she is having her 2nd set of jabs at the end of this week and was starting to think about letting her out - but Im tempted to keep her as an indoor cat to keep her safe, Has anyone else done this or does it get too messy. I have got a garden and the road outside isnt too busy but she could still get lost.

Thanks for any advice.
Kizziex

gothicmama Tue 05-Jul-05 14:21:25

my cat is an indoor cat adn she is fine - sometimes she goes out in teh garden with us. The biting i think is learningprocess so perhaps get her a toy to practicehunting skills on

bubbaloo Tue 05-Jul-05 19:21:41

lots of cats don't mind being inside-we used to have 2 cats when we lived in a flat and they were perfectly happy.it also doesnt have to be messy-providing you clean the litter tray every day it wont smell.we also use a litter freshener which is like a "shake n vac" for litter trays.
our kitten also used to bite alot,but they do grow out of it after a few months.might be worth getting lots of toys as gothicmama suggested.

good luck.

lilibet Tue 05-Jul-05 19:39:10

Try a water spray, doesn't hurt them but startles enough to give them a bit of a shock. This also works if they start damaging things

kizzie Wed 06-Jul-05 09:21:53

Thankyou for all the tips!!!

Shes lovely

Kizziex

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now