Talk

Advanced search

AIBU in wanting to kill the person who put an elastic band..

(15 Posts)
DwayneDibbley Wed 11-Nov-09 10:46:07

Message withdrawn

ninedragons Wed 11-Nov-09 10:47:39

They shouldn't have used an elastic band, but I'd guess it was someone whose bird table was being stalked by your cat.

Sorry, I do think cat owners have a responsibility to put bells on their cats' collars.

Flightattendant Wed 11-Nov-09 10:48:00

How horrible...maybe it was a child though who didn't know better?

Flightattendant Wed 11-Nov-09 10:48:52

Nine - seriously? You think someone - an adult - would do this?

WhatDidISayRoy Wed 11-Nov-09 10:49:58

how terrible. It must be a neighb. Bet your cat has shat in their garden. People are soo cruel sad

DwayneDibbley Wed 11-Nov-09 10:50:22

Message withdrawn

Flightattendant Wed 11-Nov-09 10:52:51

Cats can be a nuisance of course but please bear in mind that they are independant creatures...unlike dogs they cannot be trained. Humans have some say in where their dogs crap. Not the case with a cat.

We have a well behaved elderly cat who craps in our garden, and a few neighbours' cats do the same which does get annoying at times, but they only do it when she isn't about - therefore if anyone has a problem with neighbours' cats, I'd suggest getting one of your own! She only uses the backs of the flower beds so not a problem really.

DwayneDibbley Wed 11-Nov-09 10:53:17

Message withdrawn

allaboutme Wed 11-Nov-09 10:54:17

I should think one of the cats without a collar has been crapping in your neighbours garden and chasing her birds.
Your cat must have been mistaken for another cat if he chased their birds and it was the final straw. They wouldnt have had the make shift collar with bells on ready and waoiting if they hadnt been annoyed with a cat for some time..

Flightattendant Wed 11-Nov-09 10:54:35

LOL sorry

electrical equipment grin

I was thinking more a toddler. It is the kind of thing a 3yo might do innocently.

But in this case does sound like mad woman next door. What will you do about it?

DwayneDibbley Wed 11-Nov-09 10:56:26

Message withdrawn

DwayneDibbley Wed 11-Nov-09 11:03:56

Message withdrawn

somewhathorrified Wed 11-Nov-09 13:06:07

I'd go nuts if someone did that to one of my cats! It really annoys me when people go on about their bird tables and cats...how responsible is it to have a bird table when you know there are cats in the area? And notice how they don't complain when cats catch all the mice and rodents they don't want around! Not to mention that they conveniently forget that their dogs shit all over your front lawn too. Rant over.

thesunshinesbrightly Wed 11-Nov-09 14:56:16

I would go crazy if someone done that too my cat's angry

duke748 Wed 11-Nov-09 19:25:32

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now