Talk

Advanced search

My Silly Spaniel....

(10 Posts)
fruitshootsandheaves Sun 08-Nov-09 13:30:03

came out of a ditch while on his walk with a big hole in his side. Not very deep but a big flap of skin peeled back

AHHHHH

WHY on a SUNDAY...WHY?????

So we now have a spaniel at the emergency vets, being stitched, which is going to cost megabucks for call out, general anesthetic and op.

while I sit here worried sick about the general anesthetic as he's never had one before..

MitchyInge Sun 08-Nov-09 13:37:02

argh, crazy spaniels give us owners grey hairs

hope he will be ok, bet it's not long before he is up to mischief once more

(mine was not even 10 weeks old when he had to have a bit of paw amputated after he flung himself at a wrought iron gate, things have not improved much almost 3 years on grin)

fruitshootsandheaves Sun 08-Nov-09 13:41:32

mine is only 14 months!! I could have another 14 years of it yet!!

BellaBonJovi Sun 08-Nov-09 13:44:32

Aw..poor boy!

Don't worry, fruitshoots - am sure he'll be fine. Young, fit, healthy and all that.

One of my dogs got a very similar injury and it healed really well. Impressive huge stitched wound for a bit, but now you wouldn't know she had ever done it.

All the best wink

MitchyInge Sun 08-Nov-09 13:46:12

let's hope so

aw I just looked at him - snap, we have matching ones

yesterday mine worked out how to get through the excessively expensive dog guard I just had fitted to my discovery - tiny tiny gap between guard and rear seats and he wriggles up and over. Should not be physically possible, it's only about 5cm wide?

fruitshootsandheaves Sun 08-Nov-09 13:52:47

thankyou

Can't wait for the op to be over and for him to be awake and ok.

MrsJohnDeere Sun 08-Nov-09 14:05:49

Aw poor thing. It will be the first of many such incidents with a spaniel, ime.

Hope you get the call to say he is OK soon. He'll be groggy and out of sorts for 24 hours, and then bouncing around causing chaos in no time.

fruitshootsandheaves Sun 08-Nov-09 17:05:20

he is home and he is ok, just a bit bald and sore. He is still carrying his ball around thou!

MitchyInge Sun 08-Nov-09 17:08:28

glad he is back and more or less in one piece

thank goodness you don't have to crate him for 6 weeks convalescence!

fruitshootsandheaves Sun 08-Nov-09 17:20:54

yes thank goodness!
lead walking for 5 days is going to be bad enough. I'll have muscles like a bodybuilder by next weekend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now