Talk

Advanced search

when do kittens leave their home

(6 Posts)
thesunshinesbrightly Thu 05-Nov-09 23:15:36

There are lots of different ages 6 wks,8wks,12wks which one is right??

BikiniBottom Thu 05-Nov-09 23:19:14

12 weeks is right and some even say 16 weeks. Anything else is far too early regardless of how many people sell/pass them on at that stage. many neurotic cats are like this becuase they were taken from their mother too early.

thesunshinesbrightly Thu 05-Nov-09 23:23:45

my kitten is not with the mom anyway, i had to take her away, so i'm bottle feeding, should of put that in my first post, so does the same apply?

frostyfingers Fri 06-Nov-09 09:11:04

When she's feeding well and using a litter tray. We've hand reared one who is now 6 weeks and has only just started feeding properly by himself - if he were going to a new home I'd leave it an absolute minimum of 8 weeks (I'd go for 10/12 if at all possible). Ours isn't leaving home so not a problem! It's such hard work isn't it, but so rewarding. He follows us all around and is a real lap cat - he's learning that he's not allowed to shin up legs, furniture and curtains and looks mighty cheesed off when told no!

MitchyInge Fri 06-Nov-09 09:17:12

awwww kittens

* ovaries start twitching *

thesunshinesbrightly Fri 06-Nov-09 10:39:55

it's ok i cant do it thought i couldnt manage a third, and asked for some advice on another thread, and i'm keeping her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now