Talk

Advanced search

Dog growls at shadows/every single noise/reflections

(6 Posts)
Claire2009 Tue 03-Nov-09 15:23:14

How can I get him to stop?! He's sat here growling at a shadow and a reflection on the ceiling! hmm

He's a 5yo B/Collie. If the security light from opposite comes on outside he growls, if people talk outside he growls, he's not aggressive but I do wish he'd not growl soooooo much grin

minimu Tue 03-Nov-09 17:03:03

Border Collies do need constant attention and work to do and can show odd behaviours, anxiedty, shadow chasing, growling etc if not mentally challenged.

It is hard to say though without seeing the dog in action.

A good book that my help is book review link

Or a good behaviourist could help. These behaviours tend to get more obsessive if left and do not tend to go away untreated.

Claire2009 Tue 03-Nov-09 21:33:48

Thankyou, he's probably bored, we've been sick with swine flu so he's not been out as much

He's a cross, despite his papers saying he is pure b.collie. Not sure what he's cross with, but here is a pic ..

s158.photobucket.com/albums/t86/claire1984_2007/?action=view¤t=014-28.jpg

He used to try to catch reflections and shadows as a puppy, but stopped, and now he's started again ..

BellaBonJovi Tue 03-Nov-09 21:40:44

Spaniel cross would be my bet - he looks lovely wink

Claire2009 Tue 03-Nov-09 21:47:35

Thanks Bella He is. I thought maybe GS cross, he has big feet and long hair like a GS, yet Spaniel like ears, he's from France so maybe he is a mix of all sorts grin

BellaBonJovi Tue 03-Nov-09 21:50:39

lol yes - I have one like that. I swear I see a different breed in her every day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now