Talk

Advanced search

Don't laugh, but me and the cat aren't bonding very well

(20 Posts)
nutcracker Thu 16-Jun-05 13:28:45

Ok it is funny i know but it's true.

Considering I was the one who had to persuade dp for us to get her, i just am not liking her much.

She is a lovely cat but errrr i dunno, we just haven't clicked.

Lonelymum Thu 16-Jun-05 13:30:06

What is wrong?

Sorry, but I feel inclined to say poor cat! But she may be not very friendly - not all cats are.

charleypops Thu 16-Jun-05 13:30:12

Is she a kitten? when did you get her?

WigWamBam Thu 16-Jun-05 13:30:16

Give her a bit more time, nutty, she's still settling in and you still have to get used to each other.

nutcracker Thu 16-Jun-05 13:32:23

Oh no she is friendly, very friendly, infact maybe thats it, cos she can't go out yet she is there round my feet all day long.

nutcracker Thu 16-Jun-05 13:33:05

She is 18mths old ish.

Lonelymum Thu 16-Jun-05 13:33:50

She sounds lovely. Does she demand your attention too much perhaps?

beansmum Thu 16-Jun-05 13:34:07

sorry put PMSL!!!
poor cat

Lonelymum Thu 16-Jun-05 13:35:22

Have you tried a night out together? Sorry, something silly just came over me.

Lucycat Thu 16-Jun-05 13:35:49

You need a crisis! not that I'm wishing one on you, but there is nothing quite like a purring cat's fur to cry into, and it's SOOOO much better when thety can go out, even mine (Lucy strangely enough!) gets on my t*ts when she's under my feet mithering, and I love her to bits!!

nutcracker Thu 16-Jun-05 13:35:49

Yep i think thats it lonelymum.

I think once she can go out i will relax a bit and enjoy her more.

Oh she adores dp by the way, but i can forgive her for that.

WigWamBam Thu 16-Jun-05 13:35:53

Nutty, she was a rescue cat, wasn't she? Maybe she's just an affectionate cat who is happy to be in a settled home and have someone around all the time to make a fuss of her.

She'll settle, really she will.

nutcracker Thu 16-Jun-05 13:37:31

Yep she was a rescue cat. Don't worry i'm not thinking of taking her back or anything, i couldn't cope with dp crying or the kids LOL.

I think cos it's me doing the feeding, clearing up and general crappy stuff with her that i am not enjoying her.

misdee Thu 16-Jun-05 13:38:50

you'll enjoy he rmore when she is able to go out. and when she sits on your lap in the evenings purring away.

oh i miss having cats.

QueenFlounce Thu 16-Jun-05 13:41:10

ROFL!

WigWamBam Thu 16-Jun-05 13:41:52

Oh no, I didn't mean I thought you would take her back. What I meant was, in a rescue centre the staff don't have the time to spend with every cat, the cats don't have much space or freedom, and although they're not neglected, they don't get as much human contact as they need. Now she's got you, she's making up for lost time and getting all the affection she can before someone takes it away - she doesn't know yet that it's not going to be taken away from her.

Once she's settled in and able to go outside, she will probably be less clingy, and will certainly be under your feet less.

Lonelymum Thu 16-Jun-05 13:42:30

She will be able to go to the loo outside soon though won't she? I wouldn't care for the litter tray bit either - enough clearing up to do without that. Does she sit on you? That in itself can be a bit annoying but it is also a lovely time to bond with your pet. The stroking is very therapeutic you know.

nutcracker Thu 16-Jun-05 13:45:29

She has to stay in for at least 3/4 weeks.

Yep she does jump up alot on everything including me and usually when i least expect it.

I think your right and once she starts going out and is less demanding I will be better with her.

At the mo i feel like a bloody warden to her, making sure she eats, craps and doesn't escape

charliecat Tue 21-Jun-05 18:39:55

I dont appreciate my cat till he disapeers for a few hours and then I think OMG imagine he was dead, imagine he never came home...then I realise how much I love him!

suzi2 Sat 25-Jun-05 21:53:27

Awww... she just loves you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now