Talk

Advanced search

help! cat pee everywhere!

(6 Posts)

my cat will not use its litter tray anymore. it goes out during the day and comes in at night, but it is peeing next to the tray, but not in it!

help! any advice?

ClaireDeLoon Fri 30-Oct-09 22:43:57

How old is your cat? Otherwise healthy?

Do you think the cat is just missing the tray rather than just deliberately peeing outside the tray? If so maybe a covered tray would help?

it is a covered tray, but she is pretty old (14).
she used to be a housecat, but when we moved 4 years ago she started going out and she loves it (she's got a boyfriend 2 doors down!)
really think she just doesnt want to use it anymore.
would consider a catflap, but its a pvc porch door and i dont think you can cut them.

ClaireDeLoon Fri 30-Oct-09 22:55:28

At her age I would take her to the vets for a check up. She could have a problem you haven't noticed - for example she may have had pain weeing while she was in her tray and associated it with tray rather than the weeing and hence avoid the tray.

If it's not medical - has anything upset her lately? New cats moving into the area for example?

alysonpeaches Sat 31-Oct-09 21:52:14

If they are persistently urinating in an area you dont want them to wee in cover that area with foil. They dont like the sound of the pee on it or the sensation of walking on it. However, they may revert to another area, so that vet check up might be necessary.

Also, another new cat in the area caused this sort of behaviour when we had cats.

Dogchewsonlimbsanpumpkins Sat 31-Oct-09 21:53:08

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now