Talk

Advanced search

Please help, if you are weak of nose then do not open, my 10 year old miniature schnauzer has started......

(5 Posts)
DarrellRivers Wed 21-Oct-09 17:29:01

Weeing on DD's carpet shock
She started by weeing on a few towels that got left on the floor and now these have all been picked up, has started on the carpet.
This has been over the last week.
I haven't seen her do it, but by the dampness and the smell, it is obvious it has happened
DD and Ds (and DH ) deny it is them trying to get the dog into trouble.
I have spent the last few days scrubbing and am waiting to get the steam cleaner from my sister (thank god) and the dog is now restricted to the kitchen/dining area, a wooden floored area.
She doesn't seem to have any continence issues, can go 10 hours seemingly without passing urine, and is able to be let out to wee in the garden on demand.
She doesn't wee anywhere else, and gets walked daily, and in fact since the Dcs have both been back at school she has got to go on a lot longer walks.
No family upheaval that I can put my finger on, although there have been lots of cats moved into the street but over the last year
Why is this happening?
Any suggestions other than those of the preventative kind??

DarrellRivers Wed 21-Oct-09 17:41:36

Or perhaps the dog has a deep seated psychological hatred of DD grin and she needs therapy

DarrellRivers Wed 21-Oct-09 17:52:48

Now she really is marking her place in the true meaning of the words

minimu Wed 21-Oct-09 18:06:15

I would take her to the vet for a quick check up as she is 10.

Has she been spayed?
Is she drinking more?
Does she sleep in the DD's room?

DarrellRivers Wed 21-Oct-09 18:55:06

She has been spayed
Drinking normally
And sleeps in her basket in the cellar ( a rather salubrious cellar)
I think if it was a physical problem though she would urinate other places.
She hasn't passed urine anywhere else the last 2 days she has been confined to living areas.
It's a puzzle to me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now