Talk

Advanced search

STOLEN DOG, PLEASE CROSSPOST AND FORWARD, DISABLED OWNER DEVASTATED.

(10 Posts)
Vallhala Sat 17-Oct-09 22:44:53

The elderly disabled owner of a Great Dane has had his much loved pet stolen. Please would you email/cross-post/forward his appeal to find Daisy? You may not live in Kent but you may have a friend of a friend of a friend who does and this might help to get Daisy reunited with her devastated owner.

Please direct all sightings to the Police and to Tony on the number in his appeal below.

If anyone does live in the Canterbury area and can print this appeal off and put it in vets/shops etc I'd be ever so grateful.

This is Tony's message:

Daisy, my pedigree harlequin Great Dane bitch was stolen from me today in Canterbury. Police and RSPCA informed. She was my sole companion for the past five years and the bottom has dropped from my life. She is microchipped but has no other form of identity. pcture attached,

As often as possible, Daisy is off the lead; always in the pedestrianised High Street. She is one of the best known pesonaliities in the city and even the police say 'hello Daisy' and don't ask me to tie her up.

Yesterday, as usual, I watched my mirror every 10 -15 seconds to make sure she was OK and not causing any problem. I turned off the High St into Palace street, on our usual 3 -4 mile daily walk. She was following, ten yards behind, sniffing around. Ten seconds later I didn't see her but assumed she was scrounging in a shop doorway and I stopped to wait. Twenty seconds afterwards, I turned round, as usual to see what she was up to and tell her off, if need be. She was nowhere in sight.

A market trader shouted to me, 'Are you looking for Daisy? She's just gone up the High Street with a young women' He said the person, around 16 -20 years old, had beckoned the dog over and then took her by the choker chain and led her off. He thought the woman was known to me

I retraced our steps, blowing my whistle, that she promptly obeys, every 20 yards or so. After searching for 20 minutes, I called the police who sent a patrol car. They took details including the street trader's name and phone number and said that all their officers had been noted as well as the CTTV operators. The security men in town tell me that these cameras in Canterbury are of limited use because they cover 360 degrees once every 45 seconds but are not trained on any one spot.

If you have any report of her I would be eternally gratefuil if you would please phone me on 01227 763326 or inform the police.

Yours sincerely

Tony

Vallhala Sat 17-Oct-09 22:51:23

Just to add, in case it isn't made clear, Tony is restriicted to a motorised wheelchair, hence the reference to looking in his mirror. It made sense in his original appeal as he'd attached a photo.

If anyone in the Canterbury area can help with printing out a few posters and would like a copy of that photo so that people can see what Daisy looks like and tbh so that his situation hits home hard, please email Poplar Farm Rescue Kennels at the email address given above and they'll be delighted to oblige.

beautifulgirls Sun 18-Oct-09 09:34:56

Can you let the owner know to notify Petlog the microchip admin company as well - it is important that they know the dog is probably stolen as it is later proof of a genuine search within the time limits for ownership.

MitchyInge Sun 18-Oct-09 11:36:36

hope Daisy is home soon

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 18-Oct-09 13:25:56

how sad sad

hope Dasiy is found soon

Vallhala Tue 20-Oct-09 20:30:27

smile DAISY HAS BEEN FOUND SAFE AND WELL!

No further details, just tears of delight smile

eyetunes Tue 20-Oct-09 20:36:01

was just reading through the OP and the rest, then noticed she has been found. yipee! smile

edam Tue 20-Oct-09 20:37:52

Vallhalla, that's brilliant news! So glad for Tony and Daisy.

sullysmum Tue 20-Oct-09 20:38:58

Thats great!

Blondeshavemorefun Wed 21-Oct-09 20:54:51

fab smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now