Talk

Advanced search

Sympathy required for McDreamy and Charlie the Cat

(19 Posts)
McDreamy Wed 14-Oct-09 10:46:57

My poor cat was either in a vicious fight or swiped by a car last night.sad We found him by our back door this morning looking very bashed and frightened sad. He is with the vet at the moment having antibiotics and pain killers. This afternoon they will anaesthetise him to see what he has done to his face. His jaw did not look good sad.

So here I am feeling a bit sorry for myself and worrying about him and I thought - I know mumsnet will cheer me smile

LittleRedCar Wed 14-Oct-09 11:01:54

Oh - all the best, McDreamy. Hope he's okay and that he makes a quick recovery.

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 14-Oct-09 11:25:56

Poor Charlie

He is a lovely cat

(the only thing I had on my doorstep was bailiffs - for a previous resident, but still not nice)

McDreamy Wed 14-Oct-09 11:30:24

Thank you!

Have just sent you an email Norma with photo of DS!

BloodRedTulips Wed 14-Oct-09 11:37:27

poor charlie... we used to have a cat called charlie too smile

i hope the vet is able to fix him up and he's on his feet again soon, poor little guy.

he was lucky to have made it home though, good for him!

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 14-Oct-09 11:44:18

Yes V good sign that he made it home.

That photo has me weeping with laughter

Hope I can see well enough to drive to get DD

BloodRedTulips Wed 14-Oct-09 15:29:24

any news McD?

McDreamy Wed 14-Oct-09 15:44:27

Vets phone just under an hour a go to say he is being cleaned up and having xrays. They will call back in an hour to tell me what they find - so any minute! Fingers crossed.

Children back from school now and keen to know how he is.

You don't realise how big a part of the family they are until this sort of thing happens do you?

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 14-Oct-09 15:57:27

Fingers crossed for Charlie

McDreamy Wed 14-Oct-09 18:48:30

Charlie has a fractured mandible. He has had it wired and has a feeding tube in place. He also has alot of tissue loss around the area so will have a slightly deformed chin now. Poor Charlie sad

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 14-Oct-09 19:23:45

Awwwwww - he will still be beautiful, he will just wear his war wounds in a rugged way. Hopefully he will be back to trying intercept food between the packet and the bowl in no time at all.

Here's wishing a swift recovery to CharlieCat

NormaStanleyFletcher Wed 14-Oct-09 19:38:33

(oh and I like rugged - just see DH who has had his nose broken 12 times)

FABIsInTraining Wed 14-Oct-09 19:45:38

Thank goodness he is relatively okay.

A fellow mumsnetter lost her cat today so it is sad on pets atm.

McDreamy Thu 15-Oct-09 12:34:36

He is a very lucky cat, it could have so easily been a different result if he had times it differently. He's had a good night - pulled his IV out!!! Will be and "inpatient" until at least the weekend.

englishpatient Thu 15-Oct-09 13:54:09

Oh good, I am really glad he is recovering.

Mcdreamy Mon 19-Oct-09 09:12:00

He is home! I am tube feeding him both his diet and medication. He is on cage rest but allowed out for cuddles. He is not surprisingly a little subdued but doesn't look too bad. Great to have him home smile

NormaStanleyFletcher Mon 19-Oct-09 10:32:07

So pleased he is doing well. Not sure how well I would do with the tube feeding thing smile

How does his face look now? Is he all wired up? When does he have to go back to the vets?

FlightAttendant Mon 19-Oct-09 10:36:08

Oh poor darling.
Let us know how he does.

Mcdreamy Mon 19-Oct-09 12:14:22

Back to the vets tomorrow. His face doesn't look too bad, you can't really see the wires. The tube feeding is fairly straight forward, he is a good patient.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now