Talk

Advanced search

My snake has died

(8 Posts)
NeedaNewName Mon 12-Oct-09 19:28:15

Thats it really, more sad than I thought I'd be.

We actually thought he's died the other night but he came round - I guess he was already on his way out - wish I'd not been so stupid and realised, would have got him to the vet, cos tonight he's definitely gone.

But what do I do now? I can't put him in the bin but am worried that if I bury him a fox or soemthng will dig him up.

Any advice?

southeastastra Mon 12-Oct-09 19:29:50

sorry about your snake, if you dig deep enough he should be safe from predators

LynetteScavo Mon 12-Oct-09 19:31:00

Bury him quite deep...in a box?

Poor snakey. sad

UndertheBoredwalk Mon 12-Oct-09 19:31:22

Sorry about snake, losing any pet can be hard How long did you have him?
I think like south said if you dig deep enough he should be safe, might also be an idea to cover the grave with a stone or somesuch to make doubly sure.

Mamazonabroomstick Mon 12-Oct-09 19:31:55

Oh im so sorry. I keep snakes and i think people are suprised at just how attached you can be to something most people consider cold.

What breed is he?

I had 2 baby royals and one died. we put him in a shoe box and wrapped that in cling film before burying him.

Obviously if he's a bit bigger then you would need to adjust that.
As long as he is airtight and the hole is deep enough it should be ok.

sad

NeedaNewName Mon 12-Oct-09 19:33:27

I got him about 9 1/2 years ago when he was about 1 so very young for a corn snake. Am feeling quite guilty as he was probably neglected these last couple of months - had food and water but didn't pay as much attention as I should have done.

Will find a box this evening to bury him in.

Thanks everyone

NeedaNewName Mon 12-Oct-09 19:34:23

He's a corn snake about 4 1/2 foot long.

Mamazonabroomstick Mon 12-Oct-09 19:35:33

Corn snakes don't grow too big (i have a californian ghost) so he would probably fit in an adult boot box.

Mine is shedding at the moment but i have an urge to go give him a cuddle now.

i really feel for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now