Talk

Advanced search

The dog, the chicken and the slightly tricky situation....

(7 Posts)
claricebeansmum Fri 09-Oct-09 16:43:45

Next door have chickens.
One of the chickens found its way into our garden.
The dog found the chicken.
They now have one less chicken. sad

What do I do? They are away for the weekend? Quite upset as quite like their chickens but it was in our garden as we had spotted it earlier but it had disappeared...

OldLadyKnowsNothing Fri 09-Oct-09 16:44:21

Roast it?

claricebeansmum Fri 09-Oct-09 16:45:48

You suggest I eat the evidence? grin

They might want to bury it or something perhaps

Well they can't hold you or the dog responsible. They need to chicken proof their garden better.

hatwoman Fri 09-Oct-09 16:47:57

sad. you just have to tell them. it's not your fault. (assuming there's no history about whose responsibility it is to make sure there are no holes in the fence). your dog only did what comes naturally. I have a friend who has a dog and chickens and the dog got one once - she just accepted it was her fault for allowing them both out at teh same time.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 09-Oct-09 16:55:17

agree not your fault

at work we have chicken,dogs and pests children grin

the chucks are in their own pen away from garden and dog

If they are away for the weekend, then surely a neighbour/friend should have been looking after/feeding/locking away at night?

I blame them for not making sure the chickens were safe!!

seaglass Fri 09-Oct-09 17:44:58

I have chickens, and I know that if I didn't fence the area securely, they would get out and become a dog snack. It is their responsibility to make sure their fencing is up to scratch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now