Talk

Advanced search

WANTED! Temporary home for 2 cats! Ashtead area.

(5 Posts)
ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Fri 09-Oct-09 07:14:06

Cross posting from Chat in desperation

My friend is going off to New Zealand for 6 months and, despite her best efforts, can't find a temporary foster home for the 2 family cats. She says:

"They are approx 12 years old and we've had them for 5 years.

Strauss is the black cat and apart from being quite 'chatty' and needing some cuddles every now and again is she is pretty low maintenance.

Levi is tabby and would be even less maintenance than Strauss apart from the fact that she has diabetes. This requires her to have 2 insulin injections a day and just a monitor of her water & food levels. She is very placid and we've never had any problems injecting her - in fact she sometimes reminds me to do it! She would probably also need a trip to the vet's every 6 weeks or so to monitor her situation.

Being a bit older they prefer to stay indoors most of the time but do enjoy a saunter around the back garden from time to time.

We just need someone who will love them and give them a good home for 6 months. We would obviously pay for all vet's bills and also for a cattery if required for a holiday as well as contributing to food etc."

They are fine with young children (she has a 3.5 and a 2 year old)

If you can offer them a temporary home, please email me on iamsoudragon at blueyonder dot co dot uk

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Fri 09-Oct-09 22:26:45

<<pleading Puss-in-boots kind of eyes>>

thesunshinesbrightly Fri 09-Oct-09 23:33:01

Cant really help, but didnt want your post to go un noticed, i think you will have a hard time trying to find someone as alot of people would fall in love with the cats and not want to give them back after a long six months and also i should think it would be very unsettling for the cats to get used to a new home and then moving again, i maybe wrong and goodluck

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sat 10-Oct-09 10:10:37

Oh, I know. It's a tough one. I'm not sure what the options are though.

thesunshinesbrightly Sat 10-Oct-09 16:47:56

i wouldn't go.

or rehome the cats, i'm not really sure what to suggest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now