Talk

Advanced search

my wonderful cat :)

(18 Posts)
thesunshinesbrightly Thu 08-Oct-09 19:47:27

My cat has been having a hard time lately bein back and fourth to the vets and she lost kittens a few weeks ago, so i was due to get her spayed, after missed appointment, but late aternooon she has had another kitten and she was dead but her mom brought her back to life, she is so clever and the kittie is beautiful

BettyTurnip Thu 08-Oct-09 22:29:17

Ahh smile

bubblerock Thu 08-Oct-09 22:31:37

Aww, are you going to keep it? smile

fruitspooksbatsintheeaves Thu 08-Oct-09 22:32:02

aww bless
my cat tried to move her kitten to underneath to kitchen units when they were about 3 days old. She must have thought she had dozens as I kept putting them back in the basket and she kept moving them!

thesunshinesbrightly Thu 08-Oct-09 22:50:20

bubblerock yes i'm going to keep her, i'm a sucker for cats and i think it be nice for her mom to keep her, cant stand the thought of her going to a rescue plus he is gourgeous

fruitspooksbatsinthe

aww thats so cute, she's tried to move him but hasnt mastered it yet and she had the kitten in the living room, the kitten just appeared, i thought they hid to have kittens but she had hers in the middle of the living room.

thesunshinesbrightly Thu 08-Oct-09 22:51:47

sorry my last post is all muddled, i'm still in shock smile

bubblerock Thu 08-Oct-09 23:06:20

We're getting a kitten at the end of the month - can't wait!! Ringing the rescue centre tomorrow and hoping the have a girl available smile

thesunshinesbrightly Thu 08-Oct-09 23:09:08

Thats great bubblerock got my fingers crossed for you.

differentWitch Thu 08-Oct-09 23:11:04

aww, how lovely. Just so you are aware though, very often mummy cats start beating their babies up when they get to about 8/9 weeks. it's a way of getting them to leave the nest so to speak.

thesunshinesbrightly Thu 08-Oct-09 23:11:08

i put she in my post but it's a boy hmm must be a habit.

anyone got any names??

thesunshinesbrightly Thu 08-Oct-09 23:11:50

omg surely not

thesunshinesbrightly Thu 08-Oct-09 23:12:51

i don't think she would do that, she hasnt got a nasty bone in her body.

thesunshinesbrightly Thu 08-Oct-09 23:13:17

but thanks for the heads up

differentWitch Thu 08-Oct-09 23:14:10

there is a mummy cat who had 2 babies and they kept both. she lost one to a car when he was 9 months but she was always cuffing the other kittenm around the head and still hisses at him if he gets too friendly

bubblerock Thu 08-Oct-09 23:20:10

They need to say who's boss I guess - Mum already has a 12 year old female (she lives on the top floor) and she didn't get on with our male cat when we all moved in together so he now lives with my Dad and we are getting a female kitten as we know she gets on fine with female cats. Trying to tie it in with DS2's birthday on bonfire night but it's hard to plan!!

What's Mum called sunshine?

thesunshinesbrightly Thu 08-Oct-09 23:43:41

rainbow blush

fruitspooksbatsintheeaves Fri 09-Oct-09 20:46:41

my cats are all related, I have grandmother, daughter and granddaughter. The grandmother gets on with all of them but the mother cat doesn't seem to like her daughter much! sometimes she'll give her a lick and then hiss and swipe, sometimes she doesn't even bother with the lick! I think she was a bit disappointed that her daughter never moved out grin

thesunshinesbrightly Fri 09-Oct-09 21:18:06

Typical mother then.

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now