Talk

Advanced search

my neighbour has found a ferret in her garden

(6 Posts)
AwayWithTheFaries Tue 06-Oct-09 10:19:07

she found it yesterday and and just asked me if i know whos it might be but i dont!
shes going to knock on some doors and put a note in the newsagents and ring the local vets
the rspca dont want to know and iv googled for local ferret rescue but cant find anything
what else can we do to try and find its owner?

fruitspooksbatsintheeaves Tue 06-Oct-09 10:21:15

The first place most people would go to if they lost a pet is the vet I would think.

where abouts is she? Is she near any other rescue centres other than RSPCA?

Pyrocanthus Tue 06-Oct-09 10:33:32

Not sure there's much else you can do. Perhaps your neighbour could put a notice in her own window too, in case it's a very local ferret?

There's Harrietsham Ferret Rescue (in Maidstone, I think, so not huuuuuuuugely far away) -- 01622 851690 / 07759820531 / 07941936120 / harrietshamferrets@hotmail.co.uk

AwayWithTheFaries Tue 06-Oct-09 11:55:24

i think she found the owner! i saw a man walking down the road with a ferret ill ask her when i see her at the school and let you know
ill give her that number professor if it hasnt been reunited with its owner!

valhala Wed 07-Oct-09 01:01:01

Also report to the council dog warden - most go under this title but are in fact animmal wardens and the council SHOULD be able to take details of any stray animal. With luck, if the owner has a bit of nous, he will contact them and report his loss.

no surprise the RSPCA don't want to know btw!

If the man you've spotted isn't the owner and doesn't know who is, try also your local independent rescues for help and advice.

Shame you aren't my neighbour, I'd help... we have a pet ferret of our own and he's lovely, we adore them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now