Talk

Advanced search

New male kitten - no penis so could it be a girl???

(8 Posts)
BigMomma3 Sat 03-Oct-09 13:47:52

Got new male kitten yesterday (not yet 7 weeks old which I thought was a bit young but told all fine to go) and looking it it today noticed it has no dangly bits! Do they not drop until later?? All I can see is a small lump with a tiny hole where I would have expected the penis to be.

Could it be a girl in disguise grin??

BigMomma3 Sat 03-Oct-09 13:51:32

It also has tiny teats on it's belly - do boys normally have them??? I noticed them and that's why I looked at it's privates hmm!!

GhostWriter Sat 03-Oct-09 13:52:07

I have two male cats, aged 16 weeks. Very hard to tell they were male until very recently and not because of a penis!

Male cats have a circular anus, female cats a slit. Older unneutered males have visible testicles.

It is hard to tell at first!

GhoulsAreLoud Sat 03-Oct-09 13:52:24

A boy without a winkie, it's a miracle!

(I have no idea what a kitten penis looks like, sorry!)

GhostWriter Sat 03-Oct-09 13:52:54

Male cats have nipples just as male humans have nipples!

Dumbledoresgirl Sat 03-Oct-09 13:54:28

7 weeks is too young, but he must be very cute at this age!

There are photos here that show the difference in the sexes.

BigMomma3 Sat 03-Oct-09 14:01:48

Thanks DG - he is a he then!! He is gorgeous (a completely black furball) and has made himself right at home - not timid at all grin. Eating well too!

beautifulgirls Sat 03-Oct-09 14:02:15

Girls at this age you can generally see a vulval opening like a small slit. The boys you are probably more likely to see just a sheath rather than the penis, it will be round and fluffy usually with a small circular opening in it if you look carefully.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now