Last night our dog, Oliver, was having a dream. He was doing the usual twitching and barking but when he got up the cuhion he was lying on was soaking wet and there were white drops on the sofa, so I can only assume he's had another mucky dream, lol.
1. Is this normal?
2. Does it mean the chop?
3. Could he have an infection?
4. We are going away at the end of the month and he needs his booster and kennel cough jab so if he needs antibiotics can he have his other jabs?
1. hes a bloke!!! so yes!
2. he doesnt have to have the chop if you dont want. but it might not stop it happening anyway because they only get rid of the testicles anyway
3. if it smells or goes yellow/green then it could be an infection
3. a lot depends on the kennels tbh. Some wont take them if they are ill with infection
I dont think its anything to worry about TBH. But you can always ring your vet in the morning for some over the phone advice. They wont charge you for that.
Haven't dogs got some glands right next to their bum which can fill with pus?? I'm sure my dog had something like that but it was well over 10 years ago so my memory is a bit hazy. Think they have them squeezed a bit like a zit.
The anal glands are meant to empty at the same time a dog does a pooh, sometimes they cant because the pooh is too soft,vets do empty them and sometimes they do get infected, try to give your dogs more fibre i found that helps a lot.