Talk

Advanced search

Yuk Fox poo!

(10 Posts)
BrigitBigKnickers Tue 29-Sep-09 17:45:44

My sheltie (small long haired sheepdog) has just rolled in the most foul rancid smelling poo I have ever come across <boak>

I know from past experience it's really hard to get the smell out even after a really good bath.

HELP! Any suggestions for getting rid of the smell (and the bloody foxes!).

She is sitting outside the back door at the moment looking rather pathetically through the glass.

fruitshootsandheaves Tue 29-Sep-09 17:48:07

tomato ketchup

rub in tomato ketchup then wash off

I used to have a sheltie cross but he never rolled in fox poo <gloaty emoticon>

minimu Tue 29-Sep-09 18:25:56

White vinegar also works. Does make you house smell like a chip shop though! This is the one thing in dogs I hate, it is disgusting.

Also stating the obvious wear rubber gloves when cleaning your dog. There is all sorts of yucky bacteria in fox poo.

PortBlacksandResident Tue 29-Sep-09 18:29:15

Well my collie does this alot - bleurgh! I tried the tomato ketchup thing once (on my dad's advice) and guess what??

My dog smelt of fox shit and tomato ketchup grin.

Phlox Tue 29-Sep-09 18:44:30

My lab bitch is a frequent roller in all things disgusting.Nothing I do will stop her once she gets a whiff of something she fancies. Tomato ketchup usually does the trick. I always wash her with shampoo first (mild baby shampoo) then rub in loads of tomato ketchup (the cheaper the better). Leave for a few mins then rinse off with luke warm water. Works a treat. And makes her lovely and shiny!

claricebeansmum Tue 29-Sep-09 18:46:31

My doodle does this too.

Don't forget to wash her collar as well. Usually there is a certain amount of shit embedded in this too.

Fox poo
Cow pat
Horse poo

All yummy to doodles!

YouLukaAmazing Tue 29-Sep-09 18:56:20

Message withdrawn

BrigitBigKnickers Tue 29-Sep-09 19:28:58

Thanks for all your ideas.
I started by hosing her doen in the garden, then smothered her in tomato sauce and left her to "cook" for a while.

I then rinsed it off and brought her indoors for a proper shower with shampoo.

She now smells of shampoo, ketchup and...

fox poo! agggggghhhhhh! Have locked her in the utility room and she is not happy!

Now what?

fruitshootsandheaves Tue 29-Sep-09 19:41:33

I've never tried the ketchup method myself

won't bother now!

frostyfingers Tue 29-Sep-09 19:47:10

I use the tea tree shampoo I use on the children. Or my horse/dog/cow shampoo that you can get from Countrywide, but it needs to be something smelly to get rid of fox poo - it is disgusting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now