Talk

Advanced search

where the feck is the cat getting fleas from??

(8 Posts)
boundarybabe Mon 28-Sep-09 22:14:29

my cat is an indoor cat. I found a flea a few weeks ago, frontlined him and then took him to the vet last week who confirmed no sign of infestation. I treated our flat, none of us have been bitten - now the cat has fleas again! I mean, HOW? Aaargh.

colditz Mon 28-Sep-09 22:16:24

I could ask the same question. My cat is frontlined regularly and yet seems to permanently have fleas. It's wrecking her fur and I just do not know what to do bout it. She overgrooms horribly. It's clearly irritating for her, but shampoos, collars, frontline - all useless.

LynetteScavo Mon 28-Sep-09 22:22:09

this works

How did you treat your flat?

I think some people are immune to bites, either fleas don't bite them, or they don't react at all to bites.

LynetteScavo Mon 28-Sep-09 22:24:34

This works too - kills fleas and eggs

LynetteScavo Mon 28-Sep-09 22:25:22

How long have you had your cat, boudarybabe?

boundarybabe Tue 29-Sep-09 06:50:47

3 years, and this is the first time we've ever had a problem. I just can't work out where he's getting them and it's making me paranoid that there's a rat living in my flat or something! Will see if frontline works this time- think he licked some off last time. I sprayed my carpets and furniture with johnsons (6 month protection) which seems to be effective.

boundarybabe Tue 29-Sep-09 07:02:08

Ooh, Advantage- might get some of that. I thought it was prescription only and as my vet a) failed to recognise a flea infestation and b)gave my cat a wormer that made him ill I'm a bit reluctant to go back!

madusa Tue 29-Sep-09 08:04:33

unfortunately, the only flea treatments worth having are the ones from your vet on prescription.

I use stronghold and we have never had a problem with fleas

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now