unaware to dh
who took him for 5 miles till he heard a "prrrp" in the back seat

adn had to drive him home hmm

notnowbernard Wed 23-Sep-09 21:46:35

At least he behaved himself relaxing in the back

Mine escaped from his pet-carrier thing the other week on the way to the vet

Not good when driving through the city with nowhere to stop at 9.30am shock

TimothyTigerTuppennyTail Wed 23-Sep-09 21:46:39

That made me laugh! Bet your poor DH was shocked!

DillyTantay Wed 23-Sep-09 21:47:53

Dh was STUNNED.
the cat then sat on the passenger seat all the way home
dh was in a hurry too! imagine " sorry i am late the cat was in teh car"

OrmIrian Wed 23-Sep-09 21:48:41

Did the car enjoy the ride?

OrmIrian Wed 23-Sep-09 21:48:57

Cat! Not car...

DillyTantay Wed 23-Sep-09 21:49:24

oh he is demnted atm
has made new mates in a vilage about 3 miles away.
I am known as "catsname mum"

fgs grin

Ponders Wed 23-Sep-09 21:49:28

Why did he have to bring him home?

(I knew this would be you btw)

PestoLovelyMonster Wed 23-Sep-09 21:49:40

That's so funny grin

DillyTantay Wed 23-Sep-09 21:50:25

dh was on a three hour journey

thank god he was only 5 miles in. Imagine getting to Gloucester and finding a feline in your boot.

DillyTantay Wed 23-Sep-09 21:51:08

good q
why did he bring him home.
Well dh was going to see a very ill rellie. But yes maybe chat could have brought joy and recuperation!

Onlyaphase Wed 23-Sep-09 21:59:40

Agree that at least he behaved himself in the car!

My mother was bringing her cat home from the vet a few years ago and didn't use a cat carrier for the journey. The cat made free with the car and then got bored and made its way around her legs, and then wriggled up past the clutch pedal and disappeared in the direction of the engine.

Fully expecting the engine to be full of mangled cat, my mother panicked and pulled over sharpish, only to find the cat appearing, alive and well, in the passenger footwell.

None of us have ever let any cats in the car since unless in a locked and bolted cat carrier.

QOD Wed 23-Sep-09 22:09:59

One night I went out to get the cat in (Rover) and there he was... on the parcel shelf of a car. A locked car and I had no clue who is belonged to!
We lived in flats at the time and didn't know where to start so I rang the police station and explained.. they were really lovely and said the would run the reg and contact the owner.

Then they came & knocked on my door to tell me that they couldn't get a response so had left a LARGE police notice on their door.
6.30 am the doorbell went, a very confused man had come home pissed at 2am, not noticed the A3 sized notice LOL and gone to bed. He got up to go to work (shouldnt have been driving!) and come across it. He was so baffled, he hadnt even looked in his car yet.... and there was Rover, legs crossed, looking out the window at me....
He had held it all in all night bless him. The guy had no idea when or how the cat got in bless him

lazydog Wed 23-Sep-09 22:39:31

I can beat that!

We operate a B&B in the Canadian Rockies. We CONSTANTLY warn the guests about one of our cats' liking for climbing into cars. We do this not just to stop him going for joy rides, but mainly because of the risk of him getting shut in one on a hot day.

Thankfully they all seem to heed the warnings during their stay, and he's never been cooked, but I guess the distraction of packing their car at check-out time means people forget. We try to be around when guests leave, and check where he is, but that's not always possible so Kona has probably been on a dozen road trips since we acquired him (came with the house!) in 2005!

He's been as far as Jasper, which is about 60 miles from here.

DillyTantay Thu 24-Sep-09 08:25:40

<bows> to lazy dog

tell us more about your LIFE - it sounds so interesting

Lol at drunk man

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now