Talk

Advanced search

Is amazing how lovely it is to have piggies to stroke when you have had a tough day

(10 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 21-Sep-09 16:32:56

I am sat in the run with them feeding them savoy cabbage from Waitrose no less grin.

SausageRocket Mon 21-Sep-09 16:34:17

Mine are due a clean out and some love when I get home [grumpy still at work emoticon] as we've been away for the wkend. They squeaked and wheeked at the top of their voices when we got home.

arf... you are cute

my piggie has been ignored today - poor thing, he's munching into a corn on the cob to make up for it

brightwell Mon 21-Sep-09 19:10:08

I miss our pigs, they were very talkative.

tootiredtothink Mon 21-Sep-09 19:33:44

Thank goodness for your op - our piggies were forgotten outside in their run blush.

We've had ours since Feb and they're still not happy to be picked up sad.

Tis probably because we only give them cabbage from Salisbury wink.

tootiredtothink Mon 21-Sep-09 19:34:23

Salisbury???? Sainsbury

FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 21-Sep-09 19:34:45

grin

Mine were more receptive to being stroked today and are now tucked up in bed.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 22-Sep-09 13:15:56

We got them a week last Friday so I would say it is only in the last few days that they will stay still to let us do it.

Bert just bit me when I picked him up to put him in his run and Toffee was less keen today.

It just takes time, perseverance and hand feeing of blades of grass. hmmgrin.

I am also feeling more confident about picking them up and that has helped.

SausageRocket Wed 23-Sep-09 10:39:32

Ours took about a week to get settled in and about 3 weeks of daily handling (10-15mins a go) before they were calm and happy to be cuddled.

2 females, had them 10 months

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now