Talk

Advanced search

What breed is the hardest work as a puppy?Did you get to the stage of thinking "oh hell why did i get a dog?" and how long before you came out the other side?

(8 Posts)
Totallyfloaty35 Tue 15-Sep-09 10:39:46

All in the very long title,thanks.

thesunshinesbrightly Tue 15-Sep-09 12:01:26

Border collie

lazydog Tue 15-Sep-09 18:06:36

Our black Labrador, Poppy, was a great puppy. Pretty obedient and eager to please from day one, house trained by 11 weeks, not overly mouthy, etc., BUT she turned our entire >100ft lawned back garden into a complete moonscape shock with massive, break-your-ankle-type-craters everywhere. She only grew out of her digging obsession at about 18 months old.

Jazzicatz Tue 15-Sep-09 18:09:54

English Springer Spaniel - gorgeous puppies but require ALOT of exercise.

Calmed down at around 4 grin

Totallyfloaty35 Tue 15-Sep-09 18:31:38

I had a chihuahua puppy that chewed everything including through a chair,which dd2 discovered when it collapsed under her.
Our Boxer was the worse,she howled so much DH insisted on putting her in our bed, much to my horror,after 10 mins in with us DH suddenly leapt up screaming get her off,get her off,she had bit his manhoodgrin she slept in the hall after that,but she was a nightmare to house train,i would spend hours outside with her and nothing,then as soon as we were home she would wee.

Totallyfloaty35 Tue 15-Sep-09 18:35:17

Speaking to Newfie Breeders at the moment and should have pup by December,just getting slightly worried as remember the pup stage being very hard work, just trying to reassure myself that it doesnt last foreverwink

Butkin Tue 15-Sep-09 19:46:07

We took our Japanese Shiba Inu to dog training classes only to be told by the teacher "they are untrainable". In fairness he has been although he will just about sit when required.

madusa Tue 15-Sep-09 20:22:39

My newfie was a lot easier than my border collie

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now