Talk

Advanced search

QUICK QUESTION ABOUT MY KITTEN - FLEAS !

(8 Posts)
Summerfruit Sun 06-Sep-09 18:49:56

She has fleas so I have sent dh to buy some products for her. He came back with some tablets..It's Bob Martin FLEA TABLETS for cats and small dogs under 11 kg but I think she is not even 250 g. Shall I give her or shall I get another tablets ?

KnickersandVests Sun 06-Sep-09 18:53:16

Don't bother with any of that shop bought rubbish-it's shit.

Go to the vet or poss ring them and ask for Frontline. It's the only stuff that works to keep fleas away.

You get either 1, 3, or 6 months supply(I think), it comes in a pipette that you squeeze onto the back of the cats neck and it gets into the animals bloodstream and keeps them flea free for at 3 months.

Summerfruit Sun 06-Sep-09 18:57:55

alright so first thing tomorrow, I'll go to the vet then ! Thanks !!!

MoominMymbleandMy Sun 06-Sep-09 19:08:43

Frontline, definitely.

Bob Martin is useless and could make a small kitten ill.

StayFrosty Sun 06-Sep-09 19:11:42

When they are little, they need to be weighed before anything is prescribed. Don't forget to treat your house as well, the vet should be able to give you some spray.

StayFrosty Sun 06-Sep-09 19:12:06

When I say 'give' I mean 'sell' obv.

Joolsiam Sun 06-Sep-09 19:12:43

Make sure you tell the vets it is for a kitten - I think I was recommended Stronghold for a kitten. It works in the same way, and is a wormer aswell.

Summerfruit Sun 06-Sep-09 19:41:01

I'll go to the vet after I dropped off dd1 ! They know me now, I called them quite a bit since I had Sweet Annabelle !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now