Talk

Advanced search

Bloody cat!!

(8 Posts)
SPARKLER1 Wed 01-Jun-05 10:17:30

Just spotted our cat outside happily munching on a bird. I feel sick now. It makes me so cross. She is getting on a bit now and thought that she wouldn't be quick enough to catch them anymore.

AnnieQ Wed 01-Jun-05 10:22:06

She's a cat. That's what they do, it's in the very nature of cats to hunt. It's not nice, but when you take on a cat, you have to be prepared to take on a hunter.

TrophyWife Wed 01-Jun-05 10:25:49

our cat did it last summer, she brough in a baby sparrow and gave it to ds, who was 18 mths old. (sick face)

starlover Wed 01-Jun-05 10:27:24

lol, ours used to eat rabbits out on the front lawn, and they would always, always leave a neat little pile of entrails there.

One of them only had 3 legs, and he still caught them!

SPARKLER1 Wed 01-Jun-05 16:43:13

I know it's nature but just watching her gnawing away at this revolting pile of blood and feathers was a horrible sight. She's avoiding me now as I shouted at her and told her she was a naughty cat!

BadgerBadger Thu 02-Jun-05 00:20:54

Does she wear a bell on her collar Sparkler? My cat still enjoys hunting, but the bell prevents him getting close enough to anything to kill it.

He puts an end to pipe cleaners quite savagely though!

SPARKLER1 Fri 03-Jun-05 08:50:50

Yes she has a bell - must have been a slow bird that's all I can say.
I am slowly starting to forgive her - she keeps giving me the look.

Fran1 Fri 03-Jun-05 09:06:24

It's gross isn't. Where we used to live my cat used to bring live mice in thru the catflap and if we weren't areound to rescue them she'd commit the murder on our kitchen floor we had a lockable catflap but she broke thru it ripping the seal off.

Now we have moved,i deliberately didn't put a cat flap in and strangely she hasonly brought one dead mouse to the doorstep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now