Talk

Advanced search

we have a new dog!

(6 Posts)
morethanyoubargainfor Wed 02-Sep-09 18:03:11

Just needed to sahre that our animal clan is growing.

We decided to get another dog, (already have a 2yo) and went along to the rescue centre and unbelievably we found a dog that ticked all of our boxes and we were able to bring him home today!

he is a brindle lurcher, approx 14months. He has settled in really well and has adopted my ds 6 as his own! (in a nice way).

When do you think the honeymoon period will finish, (or can we be really lucky and it not ending).

exchangeandmart Thu 03-Sep-09 12:40:18

Congratulations, he sounds lovely. So pleased to hear another positive tale of a rescue centre dog. What have you called him? In my experience Lurchers tend to be of a very good nature so fingers crossed the honey moon period wont be ending any time soon! Glad he is getting on with the ds too. If you need anything for him (bed, toys etc) have a look over at the pet section at exchange and mart and you might find him a bargain. My boxers love their kongs, and as he is a young dog, having plenty of toys (preferably indestructible as the kongs claim to be!) may help prevent any naughty behaviours. Make sure he gets lots of walks too to help out with this.

bethoo Thu 03-Sep-09 12:43:53

Lurchers are quite chilled and placid dogs so you are probably onto a winner already. congrats and i envy you as they are great dogs smile

morethanyoubargainfor Thu 03-Sep-09 14:32:28

he is called bailey, and has just come back from is first walk, which was two and half hours and he loved it! He is currently going through the shopping bags as he is a bit of a thief grin

bedlambeast Thu 03-Sep-09 22:11:42

Message withdrawn

vjg13 Fri 04-Sep-09 11:17:37

I am really envy! Lurchers are great dogs. They look like race horses when they run ! I walk two for the cinnamon trust and would love to have one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now