Talk

Advanced search

ALRIGHT MY KITTEN AGAIN, NEED REINSURANCE PLEASE !

(12 Posts)
Summerfruit Wed 02-Sep-09 08:03:54

We had her since yesterday night, we left her in peace in a box with a nice blancket and cuddly toy and some water and food. She didnt touch her food and her water..She is 9 weeks old, should I take her to the vet just to make sure she is ok ?

Summerfruit Wed 02-Sep-09 08:18:54

bump

Dogshitsonthedailymail Wed 02-Sep-09 08:21:26

Message withdrawn

AllThreeWays Wed 02-Sep-09 08:21:57

How is her behaviour? If she is sleeping well and is active when awake (although probably still shy) I wouldn't worry yet.
If she becomes lethargic then off to the vet with her.

Joolsiam Wed 02-Sep-09 08:26:00

I would give her a few more hours - they can take a while to come round, especially as I think you said she is only 9 weeks ? Most pedigrees stay with their mums till they are 13 weeks and have had all their vaccinations. IMO, 9 weeks is pretty young to separate a kitten from its mother. It is a frightened baby and needs to get used to a massive change in its life.

Is there a litter tray in there with litter that she is familiar with ?

Is the food the same as she was given by her breeder / previous owner ? If not, I'd get some - keep everything familiar as far as possible till she settles in.

Maybe call the vet for advice if she hasn't eaten or drunk by lunchtime ? You could try her with some tasty scraps though - a bit of ham usually goes down well

Joolsiam Wed 02-Sep-09 08:27:44

I wouldn't take her to the vet without checking first - another trip in a carrier to a strange place is the last thing she needs if she is just frightened.

Do keep an eye on her behaviour though - do you have any toys on sticks or bits of string that she might pounce on and play with without you getting too close ? If she at least shows interest in them, it is a good sign.

Summerfruit Wed 02-Sep-09 08:33:44

she is not lethargic but I can see she is tense

OrmIrian Wed 02-Sep-09 08:37:01

Can you carry her around with you all the time. Sounds a bit daft but do you have a sling. It must be quite traumatising to be removed from family and taken to a strange place. She will appreciate your warmth and closeness.

Summerfruit Wed 02-Sep-09 08:41:34

om-could do that i think

DogAgain Wed 02-Sep-09 21:43:22

Message withdrawn

Summerfruit Thu 03-Sep-09 10:24:36

You will please to know that my kitten is doing well, she is eating well, drinking well, had her first poo in the litter tray yesterday..she is still shy and wants to hide but oh well, she'll get there I'm sure !Thank you for your all advices !

Joolsiam Sat 05-Sep-09 13:29:59

Good news ! thanks for letting us know grin

I'm sure in a week, she will be part of the family

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now